Thread: Me Manual RS6 "Project"

Hybrid View

I feel your pain. First thing is it looks like your right side Intercooler is leaking from the Oil at the bottom right. I thought I was just about done with my conversion and close to your hose there is the Turbo Pressure control line from the N75 to the Left Turbo, it was leaking. I just lowered the engine 4~5" but I think I'm going to have to drop the whole thing. Those Audi lines looks fancy and braided but they are shit. The Wastegate hoses from the N75 go to a plastic 'T'. I'm replacing it with a Stainless 'T'. Going to replace the hose you just showed as well as all of the others, what a pain in the ass. The Pressure control line, another fancy looking hard line with a crimped on stainless braided hose is leaking right at the factory crimp. I think I'm going to have some better quality aeroquip lines made up. Going from lowering the engine to pulling the engine tomorrow.
    How did I find out, my Requested Boost was lower than my actual Boost. So the pressure line was leaking a little boost so the N75 would tell the computer and it would pump more boost.
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; April 13th, 2019 at 06:24.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Going from lowering the engine to pulling the engine tomorrow.
    TBH it's not even worth trying to fight it with the engine in the car. I struggled, fighting with it. Trying to gain access to get at the hose, until I finally made the executive decision just to take the engine out again. It couldn't have happened any other way...