Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
People drop ridiculous amounts of money in to 50 year old cars too. Its all about what car you like and what you want to spend.
Yeah...I get it...50-60 year old classic...not a 2003 high maintenance, super rare, over-engineered, one off European sedan. 20yrs ago I paid $11k for a 69 Camaro, as I always wanted to TT an old muscle car. I did it.. I fabricated a pair of T4 turbo's, an intercooler, fuel injection, fuel system, etc...everything...killer package...did everything myself, just like the OP wants to, had $21k in the car, guy gave me $25k. Worth it for a 69 Camaro. RS6? There are exceptions, but MOST people here just do a manual swap and lose THAT money PLUS the depreciation...THAT is my point. I get that the OP doesn't care, it's a "hobby...I get it...It's my hobby too...been doing this crap over 30 years now...I just happen to draw the line at something that, $/fun, just isn't there...not enough results for the time and money. I (and everyone else here) is trying to tell him to keep his expectations low...he might hit his target, but he will spend a boat load money and spend a metric sh*t ton of time.