Thread: Cross-Post: RS7 Standling Mile video clip and results - pretty dam* impressive

Hybrid View

Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    Oh yeah it's Wednesday. Did you make the sound recordings and gut yet? I know I'm looking forward to a direct comparison.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Nice with the fix. Scary area of the car to be melting things away though. I hadn't forgotten about your upcoming mod. Still excited to hear the difference. I'll take any bit of action I can get with mine still being on stands.....
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE