Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

Hybrid View

I tried the exact same fitment and it was a decisive no-go on the front. It might have cleared the rear - can't remember. Tried the Pirelli P-Corsa's (60 treadwear!)- VERY wide for the size, made my 275's look like 255's. Sure would have been fun...

Tire pressure will likely make a bigger difference on the rolling diameter than the width increase. If the front tires are smaller will increase the effect due to heavy front end. The center diff might work a bit more than it's designed to, but have yet to hear of any related failures. Change that oil- frequently.

I run a square setup to keep things even as possible and for better handling.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    I tried the exact same fitment and it was a decisive no-go on the front. It might have cleared the rear - can't remember. Tried the Pirelli P-Corsa's (60 treadwear!)- VERY wide for the size, made my 275's look like 255's. Sure would have been fun...

Tire pressure will likely make a bigger difference on the rolling diameter than the width increase. If the front tires are smaller will increase the effect due to heavy front end. The center diff might work a bit more than it's designed to, but have yet to hear of any related failures. Change that oil- frequently.

I run a square setup to keep things even as possible and for better handling.
    So I'll have 255/35 in the front and 285/30 in back. Therefore, the fronts will be a total of 7mm taller. I'm thinking a little more air in the back should even things out. I'd love to run 295s, as that would make front and rear diameters even, but I don't think 295s will fit. I could also go down to a 245 up front and have even diameter that way.
    RS6: SteveKen 6MT swap, AMD 3+ clutch, Wagners, Hotchkis and Koni Yellows, V701s, Nubcake 100oct tune, 3in catless exhaust