Thread: Group buy for Kohlenstoff front spoiler

Hybrid View

Hey folks. That's a good deal, it is due to the fall of he yen against the dollar when we did our group buy a few years ago, plus it sounds like they got a U.S. distributor. When I did this, all of them came in a large crate that I had to source from a customs broker in New Jersey. The unexpected costs were the brokerage and customs fees. If they now have a US distributor the issue should be solved. I stashed away a couple of these. Hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Hey folks. That's a good deal, it is due to the fall of he yen against the dollar when we did our group buy a few years ago, plus it sounds like they got a U.S. distributor. When I did this, all of them came in a large crate that I had to source from a customs broker in New Jersey. The unexpected costs were the brokerage and customs fees. If they now have a US distributor the issue should be solved. I stashed away a couple of these. Hehehe.
    Good summary. As further clarification, there will ALWAYS be a brokerage and customs charge to import to the US - even if they have a local distributor, you will see that as a cost in the product. Also, references to "the dollar" are a US dollar. Members who live in Canada will be affeccted at a 35% rate to account for the CDN dollar value on the world market.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down