Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    (thanks to him its verified that you can make the power with bolt-on parts. Bolt on parts like turbo and IC cuts down fab time tremendously)
    Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.
    The 4 years has nothing to do with it. How long has it been sitting idle for no apparent reason other than he was either to busy or not having enough funds to buy the parts? If you count just the hours actually working on the car is a very small % of that.
    as I said before, collect parts before you build and your downtime will be reduced significantly.

You guys have said yourself 600whp is in the realm of the engine capability. He claim stock engine can handle his power level. So built engine is not needed but more of a nice to have, meaning it doesnt count if you can make the power without it.

Bolt on parts are the big time consuming items. IC/piping and turbo mounting/exhaust manifold.

only fab is the downpipe(maybe) and exhaust(maybe-but this you can buy also). Oh and probably the intake(which is also pretty easy)
    Either way these two can be fab up pretty easily.

so what other would you say needed "fabing" in his project?(and when I say "need" I mean actually had to not because its nice to have)

average owner? hmm can an average owner not swap a turbo? if the answer is no then yea I guess not lol.

Is your average RS6 owner not as capable as other owner?

I was active in the supra forums, dsm forums, ls1tech and perform truck forums and average owner is swapping cams, intake manifold, exhaust, installing bolt on turbo kits, HG, control arms etc. Shoot you even have people teaching each other how to tune a turbo car because the average owner are now buying tuners and want to learn how to tune things themselves.