Quote Originally Posted by 2000c43 View Post
The link is to a site hosted by the manufacturer of the hitch on my car. It is a clone of the factory hitch. Maybe his specs are wrong but in the doc he says its the same rating as the factory hitch. I've never had a factory hitch so I couldn't say one way or the other. I may shoot him an email and see what he says just out of curiosity.
Is it the hitch from Justin? (Allraodhitch.com) If so, I am sure he states the rating of the car. He already confirmed that the RS6 hitch is identical to the Allroad hitch (and on the Allroad, the rating is 5000/500 in the US; in Europe, they only use up to 200 lb tongue weight AFAIK. So its a function of the car (not the hitch). If 3300 is not enough weight capacity, I am sure the RS6 can handle the same (if not more) than the Allroad. Just tongue weight on stock suspension my not be as high. But 5000 lb with 150-200 lb on the hitch should not be a problem at all, considering the Allroad has the smaller 5HP19 tranny (vs the bigger 5HP24 in the RS6), smaller brakes, weaker engine, etc.