Thread: More Pesky Problems. Please help.

Hybrid View

Looked online. There is a relay. But that's just a switch, if it was bad, the fan wouldn't run at all. There is also a HVAC Blower Motor Resistor which controls the speed of the fan and they do go bad. Not an expensive part. Who can tell me where on the vehicle it's located? I'm guessing somewhere behind the glove box.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    Looked online. There is a relay. But that's just a switch, if it was bad, the fan wouldn't run at all. There is also a HVAC Blower Motor Resistor which controls the speed of the fan and they do go bad. Not an expensive part. Who can tell me where on the vehicle it's located? I'm guessing somewhere behind the glove box.
    Yes behind glove box. Not too hard to get to and replace. Mine went bad and was same symptoms. Its a funny looking thing with a bunch of metal I'm assuming sensor prongs on it, unit is about palm size with a plug on it and housing with attachment screw holes I blv.

I first got new Chinese knockoff replacement on eBay and that one worked for just a short while, like couple weeks then died, then I got used OEM part from used parts place and its worked fine since, been few years.