Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
Well as a consumer I feel it's a more than hidden unknown internals and the factory it's made in. What matters to me is the fact that the car is visibly different, and noticeably better performing from the lower model. You can't tell me that Audi's approach to putting as much or equal amount of power in to the S6 as that of the RS6/RS7 fulfills that. The C5 and C6 chassis had noticeable differences in drivetrain performance and noticeable differences in engine power levels. There used to be an easy to market delta between a N/A 4.2/5.2 engine and that of a TT 4.2/5.2. Now you get near the same result from an S6 with a tune as an RS6 from a tune which for me as a consumer defeats the purpose of purchasing the more exclusive model.
We're enthusiasts. We'll always have a mega checklist of must-haves. It's something you have to deal with being a second-class consumer. Until you, me and many more like-minded individuals are capable/willing to drop the coin on a brand new flagship model we have little room to demand. Otherwise, we'd be surrounded by the V8TT/V10 manual trans wagons many of us so desire. For now, I'm content picking at the scraps of those more fortunate when they become obtainable a decade later. Except the RS7, that sportback styling will never grow on me. The S8, however, mmmm yeah...