Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah. historically, this is typically where we would never hear from you again...but good luck if you trudge on...Make damn sure you hate your money and have lots of time...
    I take it you're not a hobby builder?
    It's all part of the process. Historically people that aren't a hobby builder don't "get" why we build shit when its not broken or for no apparent logical reason. (Its called a money pit for a reason). It's not that I hate money or have lots of time, I just like building more.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    It's all part of the process. Historically people that aren't a hobby builder don't "get" why we build shit when its not broken or for no apparent logical reason. (Its called a money pit for a reason). It's not that I hate money or have lots of time, I just like building more.
    I am..and being one of the first and few to convert my RS6 to a manual, I can tell you from experience, that your goal is lofty. I had the same intentions as you...but once I had the engine out the 2nd and 3rd time, I realized how much fun this car wasn't to work on and with...
    I respect your desire, as most here do, but trust us...we've seen this desire come and go just as quickly...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I am..and being one of the first and few to convert my RS6 to a manual, I can tell you from experience, that your goal is lofty. I had the same intentions as you...but once I had the engine out the 2nd and 3rd time, I realized how much fun this car wasn't to work on and with...
    I respect your desire, as most here do, but trust us...we've seen this desire come and go just as quickly...
    I know I haven't dropped the engine on this car but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with that. I enjoy working on the car more than actually driving them, and this type of work looks minor to me. I mean everything is there it's just upgrading, Just need to plan what I want and take my time with it.

attached pics. Heres where I'm coming from.
    1st is my last project(98 ws6) This is what im expecting the project to be. More of less fitting a turbo(in this case bigger turbo instead of putting one on) without losing any accessory on an engine bay that's tight.
    2nd/3rd one (Vega) is my current project. Pretty much cut the whole firewall/floor because I wanted to get as close to 50/50 and in the middle of dropping an LS. Obviously 100% custom everything.
    4th. Is an old project. It also when I got a little too carried away and put a turbo v8 on a Datsun

Needless to say, Im not one to shy away from a project no matter the scale.
    I have lost count how many times I've pulled an engine out on a project. I'm sure I'm into the 20-30+ times if you count mock-up. and this only 4 of the projects that ive built...

BTW if your not familiar with Fbody, on the ws6 you also drop the Engine UNDER the car... I do that without a lift in my garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1559.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	18462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	18463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2125_zpsmxv8ppev.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	18464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00598.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	18465  

I know I haven't dropped the engine on this car but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with that. I enjoy working on the car more than actually driving them, and this type of work looks minor to me. I mean everything is there it's just upgrading, Just need to plan what I want and take my time with it.

attached pics. Heres where I'm coming from.
    1st is my last project(98 ws6) This is what im expecting the project to be. More of less fitting a turbo(in this case bigger turbo instead of putting one on) without losing any accessory on an engine bay that's tight.
    2nd/3rd one (Vega) is my current project. Pretty much cut the whole firewall/floor because I wanted to get as close to 50/50 and in the middle of dropping an LS. Obviously 100% custom everything.
    4th. Is an old project. It also when I got a little too carried away and put a turbo v8 on a Datsun

Needless to say, Im not one to shy away from a project no matter the scale.
    I have lost count how many times I've pulled an engine out on a project. I'm sure I'm into the 20-30+ times if you count mock-up. and this only 4 of the projects that ive built...

BTW if your not familiar with Fbody, on the ws6 you also drop the Engine UNDER the car... I do that without a lift in my garage.
    Fair enough. I guess being 10 yrs from retirement, my priorities are different now...good luck on the project...I'll be watching for sure...
    2013 Audi S8

I get you, it's a hobby with a fun outcome! If you can pull it off and make it work, all the pleasure comes from that success!

Get started!!!!!!!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,