I've arrived at the RS6 forum through a long and windy road to find the ultimate commuter. In 2013 my wife and I lived in Florida without children, and I drove a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. I enjoyed my CTS-V tremendously (manual transmission, plenty of power, and worthly of spending the time to tinker on it when it needed maintenance).

Then we had our first child (I love my children and wouldn't trade them for anything, even the CTS-V). As a result, we moved closer to family in the Pacific Northwest, and the rear-wheel drive, fun, enjoyable, and exciting CTS-V got sold to a good home in Florida before we left.

To replace that fun, enjoyable, worthly-of-spending-time-maintaining CTS-V, I got a 1999 Infiniti I30 p-o-s (because if you can't replace it with something interesting, why waste money on a middling-boring, yet expensive "responsible" car). I've been driving the '99 p-o-s for the past three years (it hasn't gotten any funner). This winter the front-wheel drive, sqeaky brakes, leave-at-the-bottom-of-the-hill-because-it-can't-make-it-in-the-snow bad traction p-o-s that I use to drive my three year old to pre-school got the attention of my wife and she mentioned that I should replace it!!!!!!! YEAH.

Being an enjoyer of cars and avid peruser of craigslist, I started searching for the ultimate PacNW daily driver. Sequence of searches:

1. Jeep Cherokee, 4wd, Manual Transmission
2. Subaru WRX, Manual Transmission
3. Saab 9-2x, Manual Transmission
4. Audi S4, Manual Transmission
5. Early Audi Quattros, Manual Transmission

Then I ran across an ad for an RS6 in Seattle. I read up on the 450 HP, AWD, road eating monsters. It reminded me of the joy of the CTS-V sport-sedan (awesome power for occasional thrill with nice driving accoutrements) but with All-Wheel-Drive. Most importantly, worthy of spending time maintaining, because if you're gonna spend money on maintenance to keep it up as a daily driver you might as well have something that's worth spending money on.

Then I found the thread on this form for the manual transmission swap.......then I got infected with the RS6 bug.

Now I'm in the hunt for a good example of a RS6 that I can put ~20k miles on a year as a daily driver, and I have lots of questions for un-biased owners of the cars. For instance, and first:

Is taking an RS6 from 100k miles to 200k miles as a daily driver a reasonable expectation, or bat-%&#@-crazy?