Thread: Secondary Air pump - proper part number

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    17887 - Brake Boost Vacuum System
    P1479 - 008 - Mechanical Failure

The brakes feel perfectly fine. My mechanic said if could be one of many sensors in the antilock brake system. I think the guys who write the code for the ECU should go hang themselves. Why not have more info dumped out than such a cryptic piece of information if indeed there are other 'sensors' which are giving input to the ECU, then there should be an accounting of such information?
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...7/P1479/005241
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Failure-P1479

A faulty vac pump, or a leak in the hose/tubing or a bad booster vac supply check valve, or a bad brake booster are all possible causes for the 17887 DTC stored.
    This "bug" in vacuum system can also be related to your SAI troubles (if you're not getting the vacuum to SAI solenoid - it can't open combi valves).

Yes, I had read through that before, when I took the tubing off the Solenoid there was still plenty of vacuum, it was sucking for about 20 to 30 seconds LOL. My finger was able to get stuck to the open end of the tubing....

Vac Pump is where? ( I have to check my notes, I think I found that before) Does that not draw from the intake directly?
    Where is Booster Vac Supply Check Valve? If any of that stuff is under the GD intake manifold, I'm going to leave it as is! LOL.

Funny I reset the CEL yesterday. I let the car run in place until the Secondary pump stopped running and then drove. I am going to do this for the next week or so. It seems that when I drive off without waiting the CEL comes on a few minutes later. LOL. I did check the connections at the solenoid and they are still in place as are the tubes connecting to the CombiValve vacuum ports. I HATE intermittent problems LOL.

I have to figure out how to test the above items you mentioned.

Mike

(reading the links you included now....)
    Last edited by Aronis; March 26th, 2017 at 19:43.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

A while ago I tried that Short Trip in Basic settings and it was ok.

I also checked the tubing going to and leaving the Vacuum Pump and that seamed ok.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 2.39.25 PM.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	17959

I'll have to run through that process again.

My mechanic actually bought the Smoke tester for vacuum leaks to work up my problem when the Cam Tensioners failed and he said there were no vacuum leaks. LOL. I may bite the bullet and bring the car to an AUDI dealer.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,