Thread: Ringer Racing Stage 4 Clutch review

Hybrid View

Looking for a follow up to this OP! looks like a conversion is on the horizon and need ot make a call on what to pickup.

I'd like to hear a follow up review as well! I ended up going with a Spec Stage 3+ my second time around and I really like it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to do the manual conversion. The pedal feel isn't Civic-light, but I think it feels really good for the car, and engagement is smooth and predictable.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    I'd like to hear a follow up review as well! I ended up going with a Spec Stage 3+ my second time around and I really like it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to do the manual conversion. The pedal feel isn't Civic-light, but I think it feels really good for the car, and engagement is smooth and predictable.
    Used spec 3+ for my first (stock turbos) car, liked it very much as well.

Also, OP sold his car a few months ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Used spec 3+ for my first (stock turbos) car, liked it very much as well.

Also, OP sold his car a few months ago, if I'm not mistaken.
    I just came across this. I’m not on here anymore. Got an S8 with an APR tune and never looked back. The ringer started to slip (first one and the second one) and I sold the car discounted to someone who would replace the clutch. Looking back I never would have done a 6 speed. I put in I don’t know how many clutches and they all slipped. Not sure if it was the clutch or something else. It was just years of disappointment and tens of thousands of dollars. My S8 is reliable and crazy fast. And I don’t have time now for playthings.