Thread: The SWAP BEGINS! Hoping for 650-700 hp and 700 trq

Hybrid View

I'd consider running 51/49 water meth for a few reasons. Not flammable, better cooling with water, lower cost, easier to deal with. Reading up on what the Buick guys have studied for years, you will get a bit more power with 100% meth, but that becomes debatable under very high temps, like what we experience. Assume you'll go with a trunk mount tank in the sides? I really like my 2.5 gallon setup with small battery in place of the large stock battery. Only have to fill a few times a year, easy to deal with and accessible. Any thing else in the engine compartment seems like a bad idea, especially if you're going 100% meth, the high temps can cause boiling and other problems, again, it's flammable.

You should post just what is being upgraded besides the turbos. Fuel pump(s), rails, injectors (what kind as this will be a must), tune obviously by AMD.

If you're going this far I'd really look at custom manifolds, that is the main bottle neck at this point. I've been reading about pre turbo water spray also for cooling, you could run two systems
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Sounds like we are on a similar path. I am also considering the Tial 770...as well as a couple other turbos. I have the six speed going in and having custom headers being made.

I was running 100% methanol and really liked it. I think I am going to stay.

Good luck!! Definitely a project of emotion.....it doesn't make much sense otherwise!!