Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ouch .jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	15405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ouch 2.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	15406

My 19 yo son managed to run my car off the road into a chain link fence, the pictures tell the story. Was fooling around, hit a curb on an onramp and bounced right into this fence. CSAA had us take it to a local shop that does very good but very expensive work. Right intercooler is toast, but no damage to the engine. They included an amazing quote of $1500 to replace the clear bra. Minus that, the estimate came to $17,200! Of course CSAA does not want to pay this. They are offering me $15,750 which includes the deductible, and if I choose to keep the car and get it repaired, $13,000. I bought the car in March 2004 new, have put 141,00 miles on it, and while it has a rebuilt trans, I have the TC code popping up while still under warranty for the repair. Car has been filled with BND fluids for most of its life, has 19" Euro titanium wheels, APR exhaust, APR ECU tune, and interior is excellent. Wifey wants to just call it quits and take the settlement, which frankly is better than I would have guessed. This was my daily driver until last November, and I've had a great 10 years with it. I think I could take it to another local shop I have used and get the repairs done closer to the settlement amount, but would then have a salvage title. So, I am looking to my friends on this board to weigh in, and if nothing else, alert you to a good salvage vehicle should you need some parts from a babied beast.