Thread: Suspension du jour?

Hybrid View

So, does anyone have input, preferably first hand experience, with Hotchkis bars? Rear only vs front and rear? I have front and rear Hotchkis bars, someone I respect is suggesting that I put stock bar back on the front. Seems counter intuitive to me but maybe there's some logic to this.

Thanks,
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    So, does anyone have input, preferably first hand experience, with Hotchkis bars? Rear only vs front and rear? I have front and rear Hotchkis bars, someone I respect is suggesting that I put stock bar back on the front. Seems counter intuitive to me but maybe there's some logic to this.

Thanks,
    I have heard that some of the other C5 owners (A6, S6) have only installed the rear Hotchkis.

I put both F/R on and felt more flatness/less roll, not say that the OEM ones are a sloppy.
    Also I had the recalled DRC repressurized, within a month of each other, and there seemed to be a bit better handling.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post

Thanks,
    The theory here is that rear only will allow you to rotate the car a bit better in a corner. Some will also run a few more psi in the rear tires to create this effect a bit as well.

However, I would make sure that you have the rear on the stiffest setting first. Nothing wrong with running a front h bar. Does your friend own an rs6?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats