Thread: Rough idle

Threaded View

Brav, just watched your youtube video....I got a case of beer that says it is one of your MAF sensors and/or associated wiring). Mine did the exact same thing and I spent a month chasing my tail looking for vacuum leaks and replacing MAF seals. I finally bought an OBD-II to USB cable on eBay for a couple of bucks and downloaded the VCDS-Lite software. Spent 4 hours to get it to work on my computer but had my answer 10 minutes after I plugged it into the car. Mine showed G70 MAF reading about 5 and G246 MAF reading about 0.3. Swapped the MAF's to confirm it wasn't wiring and to figure out which one was G70 and G246 (left/right). Replaced it and it has idle like a champ ever since.

For some reason because we have 2 MAF's the ECU won't throw a code if one is toast. Best way to trouble shoot (and in my opinion leave it) is to take the MAF's off the airbox and put them in the intake. It'll save you from having to use a hammer to put the airbox on and possibly skank a seal (which I've done) and it will save what is left of your MAF wiring (keeps it from being twisted every time you take the box off).

I don't know why your brakes quit, but I'd bet unrelated (maybe the engine quit?)

Good luck!
    Last edited by 905084; February 19th, 2012 at 14:50.