Thread: Alternator replacement

Hybrid View

Hey "got boost", did you have to pull the front bumper for this? I've got the battery light on and the voltage dipping to around 9V,(autozone checked their 18 month old battery and said it was fine.). Two shops I've talked to mentioned having to put the front end into "service position" for this, but it looks like you did it without pulling anything but the IC hose and the oil tubes. Also, did you check into the $184 Bosch alternator that's out there? I don't know what difference there is between that and the audi alternator, but IF it fits, I might go with that.

check with genuinevwaudiparts.com

they have the best Audi parts prices. You will need the Audi pn and you just plug in the number for a price. The auto lookup does not have RS6

Quote Originally Posted by MJR964 View Post
    Hey "got boost", did you have to pull the front bumper for this? I've got the battery light on and the voltage dipping to around 9V,(autozone checked their 18 month old battery and said it was fine.). Two shops I've talked to mentioned having to put the front end into "service position" for this, but it looks like you did it without pulling anything but the IC hose and the oil tubes. Also, did you check into the $184 Bosch alternator that's out there? I don't know what difference there is between that and the audi alternator, but IF it fits, I might go with that.

Appreciate the Info got boost. Did the same thing on the A6 2.7t and had to put the front into service position. Nice to know that this can be done on the RS without bumper removal. Such info is invaluable. Thanks....

Correct, the front bumper does not need to move.

Having it on a lift helps.

I am returning this thread from the dead with hopes that someone could help me.

I am following Got Boost's instructions, but I am stuck when it comes to the removal of the oil lines on the filter side. I cannot get enough room to get in there.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance guys