Thread: Daytona Speedway event - 4 RS6's

Threaded View

Daytona Speedway event - 4 RS6's

Had a GREAT time at the Daytona event this past weekend. There were 3 other RS6's among an incredible collection of cars - from APR's GTI racecars, to a Carrera GT, countless 911 variants including GT2s and GT3s, AMG, Ferrari, Lambo, Ford GT, Lotus, S4s, Vettes, a 2008 S6....you get the idea.

All of us had a ton of track time: A total of 10 20-30 minute sessions (3 Fri, 3 Sat, 4 Sun). It was a 3.5 mile course, covering ~80% of the oval plus an infield section. There was a chicane at the end of the back straightaway.

One of the RS6's (hopefully he'll post here - from Atlanta) had issues with brakes - I don't have all of the details, but believe that he started with OEM setup across the board, put on different pads on Saturday, and maybe swapped fluid on Sunday (?). I ran hi-temp fluid, EBC Yellowstuff pads up front, and cryo-treated OEM front rotors - and had no issues at all. Another RS6 (Jack) had a (partial?) Phaeton brake ducting setup, using all OEM parts - hopefully he'll post details of that here as well.

I ran Sport mode almost the full time, plus a bit of Tip. Even with the warm (80 F +) temperatures, no problem with excessive heat: the oil temp would go to ~250F right away, but stay pegged there the entire session.

This was only my second event, but even the many track veterans agreed this was a special one. Daytona has to be one of the best-suited courses for the RS6 - hopefully this first-ever drivers ed event at Daytona won't be the last, and I'd *highly* recommend it to all if it happens again!
    Last edited by ruxprncd; December 10th, 2007 at 19:58. Reason: added more details