Thread: 2003 RS6 Avant

Hybrid View

Good point on the R8

I just looked up a 2010 v10 R8 and they can be had for 70k

Listen, we all know I'm the biggest C5 RS6 fan.....and I'm not paying 60-70 for an Avant

Was it the guy that name starts with S?

Or that junkyard down in Tucson?

Yes "S" Guy. After going through the trans I would like to think it was just real poor workmanship or an error rather than intentionally setting out to screw someone. Either way has the same result, an non functioning product.

I screw up in the shop all the time, that is just part of it, but you don't let that stuff get to the customer. On the off chance it does get out, you do everything to make it right...plus, plus! He did offer to go through it after several rounds of blaming the issues on everything but the trans. At that stage there was no level of trust that it would be done correctly the second time. The cost is in the removal and shipping anyway so it went to my buddy who builds all the Porsche transaxles in the area. I do the machining for that shop so was able to see it through all stages of teardown and assy.

The side benefit of tearing it down here was the ability to confirm what I paid for is not what I received. My takeaway. Read the customer and forum Feedbacks before you place an order not after it goes south.