Thread: Seriously considering buying 2013 S8, knowledge and opinions please

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    You can try to manufacture an insult out of my comments if you like, but I can assure you that none was intended.

C5 RS6s run 12.7-13.1 stock according to ALL contemporary tests. C5 S6s ran 13.6-14 flat. So about 1-second difference.

C7 RS6/7s run about 11.5, and C7 S6s run about 12.2-12.5, again about a 1 second difference. Tuned, the gap remains about 1 second.

Add to that the "heavy motor" facts previously mentioned, plus DRC and IMO the RS6RS7s certainly set themselves apart.
    Clearly we aren't speaking the same language, or not understanding things correctly from either party. You cite there still being a 1 second gap which I just don't understand. Members on this forum are citing they are at, or near to getting their newer S6's breaking in to the high 10's. I have no recollection of anyone on this forum or the other forums running a second faster with high 9's in their RS7/6's. I do see many citing mid 10's for the newer C7 RS6/7's which is a half a second difference as I have it in my head.

As for the C5 S6's, there is no way a base line S6 is/was running 13.5 seconds. I have one. They are mid 14's - maybe lower when the planets align. Tuned, 'maybe eek out another 3/10's or even possibly a miraculous half a second faster max. A tuned C5 RS6 easily cracks 12's and is in high 11's with a few other odds and sods. This is what I have in my head as being a significant larger delta in the S to RS models than today's delta and prefaced my comments on the matter.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; April 16th, 2018 at 22:31.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down