Thread: Clutch Recommendations for RS6

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post

I'm now running this clutch. With ~1500 miles on it, I like the feel and engagement WAY more than the AMD Stage 3+ I previously ran. The pedal feel is slightly heavier but the engagement is much more predictable/smooth and easier to modulate. Longevity still remains to be seen but for the record I only got 14k miles out of the AMD...

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

That clutch sounds really good! A few questions:

Did you resurface your flywheel? Which flywheel are you using?

How did you know the AMD failed, was it slipping?

I've been on the fence about replacing my AMD 3+ clutch for a while, it looks like the Ringer Racing piece could be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Did you resurface your flywheel? Which flywheel are you using?
    Yes, my flywheel is from SteveKen's adapter kit. It was resurfaced with a 7.5mm step. I also pressed in a new pilot bearing. It was removed for the machine work but felt dry and didn't roll smoothly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    How did you know the AMD failed, was it slipping?
    I didn't know it was at the end of it's life. Unfortunately, after a mishap replacing cam chain tensioners, I ended up sourcing a whole new motor. I discovered its state while swapping over parts.

I planned on sharing the story here eventually. It was a wild ride where I ran across some interesting findings. Just happy to have it all back together again
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory