Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    I think this helps settle one of the main questions about the stock manifolds. They are clearly not a hard limit to making power.
    I don't recall anyone saying the manifolds were a problem. The discussion has always been the OEM compressors are the hard limit along with space. You gain space with the 6MT, to which you can then change turbo compressor, which then leads to changing the outlet mount from the manifold. Manifold remains.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying the manifolds were a problem. The discussion has always been the OEM compressors are the hard limit along with space. You gain space with the 6MT, to which you can then change turbo compressor, which then leads to changing the outlet mount from the manifold. Manifold remains.
    Agreed, turbine housing has definitely been proven to be a hard limit. I think it's at least been an open question about how limiting the manifold would be, so it's nice to see someone actually pushing the limits.

uh... that's not true.

heres a reminder.
    This one is more of a recommendation. but still kinda implied.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Stage 3: Bigger turbos (Tial 605/770/880), Garret GT Eliminator, etc... You'll need at least custom piping for the turbo inlet, and probably custom downpipes. If you really want to get the most out of the turbos, get customtubular manifolds as well.
    these not so much. I didn't bother to check past 1st page

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You basically need to upgrade the headers, turbos, injectors, pump, cooling, tune for $15k, then you will blow the auto trans, then you can do the 6-speed swap, then you sell the car...this is typical pattern

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Exhaust manifolds may be able to flow 750chp, but finding proper turbos that will bolt there and flow enough - is a completely different thing. A pair of used TD05s might fit your budget, but you'll spend a lot of time making them fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    you need custom exhaust manifolds, turbos, fuel
    I remembered these since I researched possible options outside of buying an expensive tub. manifold.

You may not have said it but clearly, you and others did not correct or disagree with those statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    You may not have said it but clearly, you and others did not correct or disagree with those statement.
    I guess I didn't feel it was my place to correct everyone. I have been very clear about what you're up against. I've provided ample opinion based upon extensive knowledge about this platform (engine out on three different cars a total of 8 times over a span of a decade plus) and you can decide whether that has any merit as you blow thousands upon thousands on your project.

I think it's time for everyone on this forum to quit giving you any feedback at all and let you go through the throes of things yourself. Judging from what Tim has said with his project, it could take you 4 years.... I well know it will take you the price of another car (or more) to execute - if you in fact successfully do such.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; April 13th, 2018 at 16:36.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I guess I didn't feel it was my place to correct everyone. I have been very clear about what you're up against. I've provided ample opinion based upon extensive knowledge about this platform (engine out on three different cars a total of 8 times over a span of a decade plus) and you can decide whether that has any merit as you blow thousands upon thousands on your project.

I think it's time for everyone on this forum to quit giving you any feedback at all and let you go through the throes of things yourself. Judging from what Tim has said with his project, it could take you 4 years.... I well know it will take you the price of another car (or more) to execute - if you in fact successfully do such.

Dont know how I missed this but:
    How can you "feel" like it was not your place to correct everyone when they are spreading MISINFORMATION? and talk about turning a blind eye because it favors your argument.

to be blunt. That has no merit. because did you actually attempt to make big power? or did you only go through planning and didnt even bother trying to build? <-- yea if you don't even try that don't count.

not to sure about time and money anymore considering corbett example.(thanks to him its verified that you can make the power with bolt-on parts. Bolt on parts like turbo and IC cuts down fab time tremendously)

If your willing to spend the money in one go yea it will be a big chunk but im sure it can be done in less than a year(heck even in less than a month) I think you are missing the point that project takes years because they are often put on hold, the TOTAL time you actually work on it is very small compare to how long it sits. The other is $$$ its alot easier on the pocketbook to spend 20k on a project over the span of 4 years. because let's get real if we don't care about the cost it wouldn't take very long.

one very good strategy for this is collecting all the parts that you THINK you need BEFORE starting the build. and once you have all the parts that you THINK you need have a few k just in case.
    That 4 years will look like 3-3.5 years of collecting parts and 1 to 6 months of actual building(depending on how much time you have after your work and family responsibilities.)

So like all else im putting this in the offically same category as the rest.

either
    $$$$$ and little time.

or

$$ and lots of time.

I did notice that theres no one here that actually does their own fabrication???(if you do and built something for the rs6 please let me know-always looking for ideas) we need more hot rodders here that build their own stuff.

(thanks to him its verified that you can make the power with bolt-on parts. Bolt on parts like turbo and IC cuts down fab time tremendously)
    Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.

Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.
    The 4 years has nothing to do with it. How long has it been sitting idle for no apparent reason other than he was either to busy or not having enough funds to buy the parts? If you count just the hours actually working on the car is a very small % of that.
    as I said before, collect parts before you build and your downtime will be reduced significantly.

You guys have said yourself 600whp is in the realm of the engine capability. He claim stock engine can handle his power level. So built engine is not needed but more of a nice to have, meaning it doesnt count if you can make the power without it.

Bolt on parts are the big time consuming items. IC/piping and turbo mounting/exhaust manifold.

only fab is the downpipe(maybe) and exhaust(maybe-but this you can buy also). Oh and probably the intake(which is also pretty easy)
    Either way these two can be fab up pretty easily.

so what other would you say needed "fabing" in his project?(and when I say "need" I mean actually had to not because its nice to have)

average owner? hmm can an average owner not swap a turbo? if the answer is no then yea I guess not lol.

Is your average RS6 owner not as capable as other owner?

I was active in the supra forums, dsm forums, ls1tech and perform truck forums and average owner is swapping cams, intake manifold, exhaust, installing bolt on turbo kits, HG, control arms etc. Shoot you even have people teaching each other how to tune a turbo car because the average owner are now buying tuners and want to learn how to tune things themselves.

to be blunt
    Being aggressive towards people giving you genuine advice has no merit either.
    Just something I wanted to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Being aggressive towards people giving you genuine advice has no merit either.
    Just something I wanted to point out.
    I don't expect any, not my intention.

If you sit on the sideline while you let misinformation spread yes I will end up being "aggressive" towards you. Makes me wonder what else that person isn't speaking up about because it doesn't support their case.

Im sure he has tons of knowledge and help and what not. And im sure when the build starts he will offer those insight/input.

But I just cannot see past the fact that the arguments here are all opinionated. and the worse one.

I feel like im reading this all the time.

"You cant do it because so and so couldnt do it. Look at all those people that failed. or because ive tried and couldn't do it." like how do you respond to that? im sorry it didn't work out for you?

Look maybe it wasnt possible before but I mean we live in an age now that a $300 turbo will last as long as your namebrand 1500+ turbo, a $150 IC supporting 800+hp, resources are everywhere. Talk about budget builds.