2 13.33%
  • Must have!

2 13.33%
  • I need better brakes??

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: RS6 Big Brake Kits coming to America

Hybrid View

Has anyone ever looking into fitting rear Cayenne brakes to our cars? I used to have a set; though they'd make a nice match if only I could solve the fitment mystery...
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Has anyone ever looking into fitting rear Cayenne brakes to our cars? I used to have a set; though they'd make a nice match if only I could solve the fitment mystery...
    It's a common topic but haven't seen the application for our cars. I also considered it. Seat of the pants, as discussed with another who mentioned the same thing, is that those calipers are made for a heavy SUV. Issue being the piston size may be too large. And of course adapter brackets need to be made. And then there's the parking brake issue. Taking a guess here but would assume thee VW/Cayenne uses drum-in-disc for the parking brake, like most trucks have.

My concern boils down to:
    Excessive rear brake bias and soft brake pedal issues.
    Choice of brake rotors
    No parking brake
    Having to make caliper carrier brackets.
    End of the day costs: what will it take (time/hassle factor), what will it cost to have a functional system (likely with used calipers, or having to rebuild them).

For those that need or will need new OE rear RS6 rotors. Consider it a big down payment towards a really nice (and new) plug and play system (with more affordable replacement rotors). And being able to match a bigger front brake system later on.

I think this kit will nicely fill the void. Plug and play - with a warranty. And reasonable costs.