I had my timing belt service done recently and my idle is a little lumpy now. The car drives fine I think (as fine as ever since it always seems to have some sort of BS going on with it that prevents it from ever running perfectly). There was some knock recorded and some timing pulled in a recent log but I updated my SW and it seems to run better. I have not logged with the new SW yet. I checked VCDS block 93 and i'm getting "Phase position 1> -5.0 degrees KW" "Phase position 2> -8.0 degrees KW". I understand that at least one of those figures is out of spec but the more I read the more I find that many peoples cars are similar or worse. Is there a way for me to check the timing, say by removing the valve covers, which I need to do in order to do my gaskets, and ascertain if the timing is indeed off? I need to make sure it truly is off before I bring it back. I'm not one to roll back to the shop and throw a chair through a window only to find out the belt was done properly and it is something else that is throwing off the numbers. I was told that the numbers are close enough to live with but I don't want to leave any HP on the table if I don't need to.