Thread: RS6+ Avant Build in North America

Threaded View

RS6+ Avant Build in North America

Folks,

I know this is along awaited thread. I apologize for the delay, but things have been brutal at work over the last six months, and I just finally got the car home to Virginia.

First and foremost, I want to give a big shout out to AZ Euro's that did the conversion. They are based in Mesa AZ, and have one of the very best Audi techs in the country. Christian was awesome, and his attention to detail is second to none. I really felt like he owned the project as his own baby from start to finish. Second, I would like to thank Dave Hall. Without his encouragement, I would have never pulled the trigger to make this happen. He was also kind enough to babysit the project in his backyard until completion. Finally, to Papadoc and his wrecked, but babied RS6...it was the perfect donor car, and I knew it had the proper care its whole life....

We started the project in February of 2016 with a 2003 S6 Avant. It was a one owner car from wisconsin. The exterior was a little rough, but it has had no accidents, or paintwork. THe underside of the car was in extremely good condition, plus it was a 2003...

Dave Hall was kind enough to sell me the Popadoc car, and helped me to secure the shop to do the work, as welll as an awesome fixed quote to get it completed.

Literally everythnig was gutted from the RS6 and grafted to the S6 body... including:

1) Engine and trans
    2) steering rack
    3) brakes and suspension (the DRC was replaced with a koni/euro RS6 plus spring combo)
    4) Engine snub mount grafted into S6
    5) cluster, carbon trim, center console
    6) threshold plates
    7) ECU and TCU
    8) steering wheel and shifter
    9) turbos were removed and rebuilt by midwest Turbo...
    10) doorcards
    11) exhaust

In addition, Rs6 Plus 19 inch wheels were sourced from the UK, as well as the front bumper assembly. The rear bumper and side skirts were also obtained.

New window surrounds from the RS6 plus were ordered and used RS6 plus luggage rails were purchased and re-powder coated.

The cam covers were repainted audi red

It has Euro RS seating courtesy of the UK as well....

We did not adapt the twin pump fuel system, but opted for a larger capatciy Webasto fuel pump..

They battery was relocated to the trunk.

The car is wrapped in 3m satin silver wrap, and windows are tinited all the way around..

The car has done about 3K miles since completion, but was forced back to the shop for a level 10 torque converter rebuild.

It is flashed to deliver approx 500HP on 93 octane. It was tuned for daily driving, not max performance.

It runs amazing, and is a pleasure to drive..it really is my dream car...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4748.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	17810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4752.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	17809  
    Last edited by Stephencl; January 6th, 2017 at 06:12.