Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
I'm getting ready to pull engine in mine foremost to replace blown Trans with very low mi. Tozo rebuild I got from forum member doing manual swap. Trans has been toast for half a yr. With car sitting and occasionally started and brought to op. Temps for good measure and replacement Trans been sitting many months too. So I've been collecting lists, parts for what all to do - I know engine has never been out - car has 95k mi.s and well maintained but slightly weeping valve covers etc. I def. Had CCT pads on the list but should I be contemplating the units themselves? I'm really not too keen on dumping 1.4k in unneeded parts OR causing probs that don't exist (I'm one of those guys who "preventatively" changed Trans fluid and filter only to have implosion 500 mi.s later but we'll never 100% know that cause and effect nexus) AND I'm not trying to end up hating this car like so many others have spent themselves into doing. It just one of many hobbyist collector type cars I have but it's a really cool unique and clean sedan that I really like. Any opinions to try and help save me from myself are greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you are doing the labor right? If so, I'd just do the pads. The CCT's themselves can last 200k, I've heard of a few failing around 150k and it was the electronic solenoid.

I opted to switch out the complete units ($750 each) at 98k since a shop was doing the labor. At $100 an hour, 18 hours mixed with other things, I didn't want them going back in to fix the CCT's again/ever. It was service position, and they didn't know the car very well, so I'm sure you could do it in half the time with enough practice.