Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
I could give a rats a$$ about non Audi content. Crap we all have a ton of experience to share and I enjoy reading it.

Anything you have to say...I am reading it.
Well, if the Mayor says it's OK...(I'll try to make it short)

After round 1 of mods on my 09 CTS-V (jumped right to stage 2.5), we almost spun a bearing on the dyno. No one really knows why, but it was definitely oil starvation. Failed pump? It's happened before. My fault? It's happened before. Anyway, ruined everything. Needed a new LSA block, new LSA crank, but stepped up for forged pistons and rods. Got back on the dyno, 671/631 on 93 pump. Went to Atco last Monday for a track rental to shake it down. 8 passes, all in the tens, worst (first pass) was a 10.77, best was a 10.53. All between 132 & 133mph. Positive I can do better with a little more tuning. Identical car to mine, who has many, many passes, went 10.37. To keep it on topic, this is what I always wanted, a 10sec 4 door family mobile, which is why I bought a twin turbo V8 Audi. After my short ownership, I'm pretty sure that car would never see 10's, especially at the cost to do it. Not counting my engine, I have less than $7k in mods in my V. There are hundreds of cars with stock engines doing what I did. I just had bad luck. Not sure I could ever get there with my RS6. Do I miss my RS6? Sure do. Would I buy another one. Maybe? Do I love my V, Yep, so far. And I don't plan to drive it this Winter. And to be fair, I never drove my RS6 in the Winter either. Too many ijuts on the road...