Hello everyone.... name is Dan, from Boston/Cambridge area. Been lurking here for a bit as I looked for the perfect "next car".

I purchased an RS6 from a fellow forum member. Daytona/Black.

Picked it up last week, just off a fresh TB service. I got it registered and last Friday and went to get it inspected today (Friday). Car passed inspection but emissions was not "ready" to be read. They asked if I had any work done on the car recently... I said the TB service was done. They said I have 60 days to being it back and that it should be fine.... just drive it a couple hundred miles and being it back in, no charge. I don't drive that much (no daily), so I might have put 300 total miles on since I picked it up, given I bought it in Albany... 220+ of those miles were that trip back.

So, technically it didn't fail... but pardon my ignorance, this is the first car I have had post 1995 (OBD-II compliant) in a long time.

Does this sound reasonable? The car just passed NY full inspection in June of this year and nothing on the car is anything that I would expect to give emissions a problem.

Modifications are:

10sec tune (mark)
milltek resonated exhaust
gutted DPs

All the O2s are still there, in working order... no codes/etc. And to be clear, again, it didn't *fail*, it couldn't be read. I have to admit, sweating a little bit here, but no modifications on the car raise any flags with me... and based on the research I have done here, I don't see any reason for emissions to fail once it can be checked.... but wondered if this made sense to others.

Thanks in advance for any input.

For those that want to know what else has been done to car:

104k miles
Trans replaced at 75k CPO'd
DRC replaced with Koni
H-sways front and rear
19" OEM RS4 wheels
complete stack of receipts came with the car

love the car... had an 2002 S6 and while I liked it, I didn't love the 5AT. With all this power, I can't say I mind it. (maybe I am just getting old)