Thread: Timing Belt Tools/Questions

Hybrid View

Also, I used Europa parts for the majority of my parts and got my blue kevlar gates belt off of Amazon for only 39.99.

My excel has every part number and quanities listed.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Thanks for the responses! RAUDI, I actually did the exact same thing. I ordered the Europa Parts kit sans the belt, and ordered the Gates Racing blue kevlar belt from Amazon. From what I read, the Europa Parts kit seemed to be the best overall except the belt.

I also went ahead and ordered the tools. I figure the car should last through several more t-belt changes at least, and I've always liked to have all of the right tools for whatever I do.

And DHall, I'll go ahead with your suggestion and not pull any more of the hoses. The only ones I disconnect were a couple of coolant lines at the top, since I'll already be draining and replacing the coolant anyway.

I appreciate the input!
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    The only ones I disconnect were a couple of coolant lines at the top, since I'll already be draining and replacing the coolant anyway.
    You have to disconnect the upper coolant hoses for the Aux rads and the main rad. The hoses that Dave was mentioning to not disconnect are specific to the two oil lines at the bottom on the passenger side, both aux coolant lines on the bottom, the A/C lines at the bottom on both sides, power steering at the bottom on the drivers side, and tranny cooler at the bottom on drivers side.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Thanks for the responses! RAUDI, I actually did the exact same thing. I ordered the Europa Parts kit sans the belt, and ordered the Gates Racing blue kevlar belt from Amazon. From what I read, the Europa Parts kit seemed to be the best overall except the belt.

I also went ahead and ordered the tools. I figure the car should last through several more t-belt changes at least, and I've always liked to have all of the right tools for whatever I do.

And DHall, I'll go ahead with your suggestion and not pull any more of the hoses. The only ones I disconnect were a couple of coolant lines at the top, since I'll already be draining and replacing the coolant anyway.

I appreciate the input!

Their kit is even better now that I've ordered from them. Before me the kit only had 1 roller and no crank bolt. I let them know the stuff was missing and sent them a picture of the timing route to prove it. They fixed their website within the hour.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE