So I've searched through the timing belt threads on here but I still have a couple of questions.

As you may have read in my other thread, I had a unintentional meeting with a concrete barrier during the "snow storm" we just had. Fortunately the damage was minimal, so I decided to do the repairs myself. Since the front end was already apart and I was about due for the 115k service anyway, I figured I'd do it all at the same time.

So my first question. I'm in SW Washington state, just north of Vancouver. Are there any fellow RS6-ers in the area with the cam locking bar and crank locking pin tools for doing the timing belt job that might be willing to lend them to me for a couple of days?

And my second question: I was working on getting the front end into the service position, but even with following the Bentley manual and other write-ups I've seen, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough slack in the 20 or so hoses at the lower portion of the lock carrier to allow it to slide out the supposed 2 or so inches to the service position. Am I missing something? Or is the RS6 more complicated than other C5 cars in this aspect as well? And is it worth just pulling the whole lock carrier off? I assume that would mean disconnecting all of the hoses, which would mean draining, or at least partially draining, the oil, transmission, AC, and coolant (and power steering fluid possibly?). I'm already draining the coolant and oil, and it probably wouldn't hurt to change the transmission fluid too. The AC seems fine, but it's not the end of the world if I end up having to recharge that too.