Thread: I paid too much for my BEAST

Threaded View

I paid too much for my BEAST

I bought my beast 3 months ago. I paid way too much for the car. I went into a local exotic / high end used car dealership looking to test drive a Mercedes C300 4matic they had for sale. (Looking for something pretty my wife could drive when I was not using it). I had no interest in Audi. I am more of a classic car guy. Love my 68 Nova. The salesman insisted that I drive the RS6 they recieved in 3 days ago. He said that he would be happy to sell me a Mercedes, but that I had to drive this car. Keep in mind that I am stubborn and cheap. My last daily driver was 1995 Camry with 225K miles on it and I was completely happy driving it. Carmax took that beast off my hands for $800. I kept test driving cars only because my wife was on my case. The day I bought my RS6, she actually said, "YOU BETTER COME BACK WITH A NEW CAR!" Yeah, yeah, whatever, I thought. Anyway, when I got into the drivers seat of the RS6 for the first time, I was HOOKED! I couldn't let it go. I told him that I needed time to research price and such and learn more about what I was buying, so I could make a fair offer. He said, "This car could easily be gone tomorrow."

Ebony on Ebony with Carbon Fiber trim
    48,000 miles
    Price: $35,000 (he held a folder of over $10,000 worth of dealership work done in the last 6 months)

They were not willing to budge on price that day. They were confident that that car would sell within 10 days at or around $35,000. They threw in a set of all weather tires (junk… not the PSS's you all have), and I bought the beast at $35,000.

After reading more and reviewing the posts here, I know I overpaid. To be fair, I would not have even heard of an RS6 if it were not for this salesman. The salesman pointed me to this forum, which was another great introduction. But paid too much.

The real question is this, have I had buyer's remorse?

None. Zero. Zilch. I am just pumped to get in and drive this beauty every day. You all might think I am crazy. Some of you would have sold me your RS6 for that kind of money. Regardless, its worth it to me and I am happy. Strange I know.

Has anyone else paid too much for their beast? Or am I the only one?
    Last edited by 1uglymug; August 8th, 2012 at 16:53.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners