Thread: SCCA GT rear spoiler

Threaded View

SCCA GT rear spoiler

I'm pondering whether to add a replica of the spoiler used on the SCCA RS6 race cars. I'd love to have the massive fender flares too, but that might be a bit hard to come by, and Audi later went to the stock bodykit with only that rear wing (as well as hood vents, etc)

Thoughts? It may not look ghetto if painted Avus Silver to match the car, including uprights. My car is now so low that, to me, the back is begging for some aggressive aero to be added on.

And I wouldn't want to throw on any old wing; it'd have to be a replica.

What makes the C5 RS6 very special to me is the same as the 1st generation Skyline GT-R that I drove previously - both have racing pedigrees and dominated their respective championships. I'd like to pay an homage to that by driving a replica - which really wouldn't be that hard. So far as I can see from the second version SCCA race car, other than hood/headlight ducts, it's only the wing that differs. Even the wheels are stock (or are the same design as stock).

The 1st generation Skyline has inspired several owners to build exacting visual replicas of the Group A race version. Not much was done in terms of aerokits, so they've done the wheels, and some as far as replicating the sponsor livery. I don't think I'd go that far with my RS6...although the white with big giant Audi rings does look pretty cool

I haven't seen any street RS6s with SCCA bodywork. Too radical for the average RS6 driver? Parts impossible to source? Or would it just look wrong??
    Last edited by kismetcapitan; May 19th, 2012 at 08:43.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo