Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
so you have replaced only the shock-absorbers and kept the original springs? could you please post some pictures of the car after the replacement? Congrats on going this way instead of coil overs, i think i will do this as well when the time comes, first of all because it's cheaper and then i don't use the car to its full potential so i am sure i would never change the settings and take full advantage of a KW3 for example...where did you buy the Koni from?
Yes, the factory springs were retained...

I'll post pics later today of the car.

As for as cost and simplicity, I echo your sentiments exactly!..... Just couldn't see the value in coilovers for my driving lifestyle---"Set it, adjust it, and forget it!" Factor in the cost savings and the fact that, if you do this yourself or pay someone, the labor time is about the same!.... One exception: The 2Bennet coilovers come ready for "bolt-in." But delivered to my door they where just under $2100...

To my surprise, I couldn't find anyone else in the forum archives that went this route----Or, at least posted about it!....

Adjustable ride-height coilovers do have an advantage over this method. But, you can cut additional grooves into the Koni strut body to achieve the same results... If using the factory spring, the critical measurement is from the center of the bottom mounting eye to the bottom spring perch----that is where the 95% of the ride height is determined....

Also, here in MN, the screw-type adjustable spring perches are exposed to extereme envirnmental conditions... Just ask a shop if they like working on adjustable coilovers once those fine threads are corroded!