The TCU is really a 1 banana job. Maybe even a 1/2 banana. It's under 5 minutes, and that's if you go slow. If you are an engineer, this would fall into the 1st semester, intro to freshman physics class.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieVC View Post
Oh boy. I knew taking certain liberties would come back to bite me. The car will be serviceable at the time I decide to let it go. I made a huge investment in the car, above the price of purchase, to ensure that it'll be working well for me for at least a few years. Per your comments, I've gone ahead and decided to dump the several hundreds of dollars on a computer interface for the car so I can... look at a stream of numbers and try to determine if there's a problem. Fortunately pattern recognition happens to be my personal piece de resistance as an engineer and analyst, so I should be able to have this figured out in no time.

MTM TCU, huh? I really don't want to rip up the carpet for that... anyone know of a shop or a man I can pay here in the SF Bay Area to handle these sorts of things for me? Doing the computer upgrades, for example...