That phrase glared at me for 2 years in high school drafting class, thank you mr. Gaffey.
So here I am today, awesome car, great deal on a nicely modded engine and trans, and I could never leave well enough alone.
From the day I picked up special sauce, a 620/788 bhp/btq beast I always thought I knew better, or let me add enough.
I buy an unproven CAI, instead of leaving the DBR stage3 race kit intact, I swap CAI. From day one, I was running into lean issues....many a member was kind enough to help troubleshoot. Fueling, O2's, and other suggestions.
Bigger injectors bought, and now I need a new tune and to save some $, I use a green tuner to our platform. Still can't find the gremlins. Lean with bigger injectors.
Stratmosphere Bob(yep that guy) gave me the best advice of all, call dahlback direct and describe to them everything, I bet they will help. Dah right? Well I shied away for so long because I heard of their bad customer service reputation. I was not the original purchaser of their product.
Well hans was a huge help. No sir, kit is NOT designed with bigger injectors, I have track proven this set up. You have a MAF seal leak.....Bingo!
I trade my FMU for a my old DBR CAI(Josh1) benefited.
Ok, ok now I am ready, custom tune car with original set up and bigger injectors! Let's go!
Sadly Josh 2 is a great guy, but the cart is before the horse and that's all I will say about that.
Car was running weaker, and cutting out 5800 rpm, 03,31,115 were fine, there was a missing file in the 'tune'.
So back to Dions the car goes, wife has had it.
DBR ECu back in, everything original on special sauce....I have a set of used EV14 if anyone cares.
$1100.00 FMU
$600.00 josh2
$300.00 dyno
$450.00 vast EV14.

$2450.00.... Oh well, it's not a cheap lesson learned, but as the title says and I am slow to learn, patientance, contentment, and humility are traits I am still trying to acquire.

So the saga goes, the rs6 will be p/u tomorrow. I will enjoy the car for at least thru the winter w/o touching it, I swear.
Thanks again everybody for your input and help over the last year+.
Stephen