Thread: Raxles?

Hybrid View

I would suggest sticking with OE Audi axles. They are cheap on ebay and can be "rebuilt" by yourself for the cost of boot kits and your time. They are shared across all 4.2 C5s.

You will end up with a less expensive axle and the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly.

thanks 95ninety. that was my thought. ill probably go that route

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha00311 View Post
    Hey boys... does anyone have any specs on how much power these axles are reliable to? Is that even a concern with these? I'm looking for front axles for my 01E swap but fear putting in something that won't last with much of a power increase
    Unfortunately, I do not have any information on that front. I can only weigh in on my setup. Standard 6MT stage 1 (Daz) tune with no concerns. You may reach out to Corbett to see what he's running at his levels.

Quote Originally Posted by 95ninety View Post
    I would suggest sticking with OE Audi axles. They are cheap on ebay and can be "rebuilt" by yourself for the cost of boot kits and your time. They are shared across all 4.2 C5s.

You will end up with a less expensive axle and the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly.

That is absolutely another option. And one I weighed myself. You can re-boot your original joints for a fraction of the cost. You'll need access to a few tools you may or may not have (bearing separator/puller, hydraulic press, lock-ring pliers, boot clamp pliers, etc). But you're still left with joints with however many miles were on them and any wear associated with that. Which could be a completely acceptable solution. If you want a full rebuild, a brand new outer joint kit is going to run you ~$100/ea. Perhaps you even find a source for a new inner joint; add whatever that may cost you. Between the new parts and tools gets you close to the cost of units from Raxles or probably any other comparable place.

Here's a really good video for that job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMl3CMm4Qkc

Edit:

Forgot to show why I ended up with replace vs a re-boot.

Last edited by bethridg; January 14th, 2019 at 23:06.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory