Thread: new a4 = -150kg

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    While I agree that the manufacturers strategically release existing technology over the life span of a model to maximize sales, in my opinion it is also to outwit the EPA? Let's say that Ford puts out V6 that gains 100hp tomorrow all while being 20% more efficient, they have effectively set the bar too high for themselves for future EPA regulations. It seems every time they give 20%, regulation wants another 30% increase in economy.
    Ford seems to be an excellent example sooooo, we will run with it.....
    Yep, I agree, they set the bar to high for themselves like they did with the COBRA a few years back:
    FORD released the Cobra with $hitloads of HP and everyone lost their heads over it!
    All the magazines were falling over themselves, etc, etc, etc.
    Then the very next year, FORD pulls back the HP on the COBRA and again the mob is up in arms!
    IIRC, it also coincided with the terrible handling/frame. EPA calling their bluff(es)???

I bet this huge increase in HP/technology will come to bite FORD in the a$$...

It has been well documented that FORD has detuned it's engines for decades, as I can theorize as others can, to keep the consumer on the hook for always wanting just a little more...

Back on TOPIC - 330lbs is 2 less people in your A4 - big difference!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

Back on TOPIC - 330lbs is 2 less people in your A4 - big difference!
    correct.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan