Thread: Scratches & Dents on my new Rs4 :-(

Scratches & Dents on my new Rs4 :-(

Well today has been a pretty crap day :-(. Thought I'd write some on the board to get my frustration out so here it goes.

This morning, having just lifted my sleepy head from the pillow & gone through the whole procedure which I do every weekday I went out and got in my new shiny and beautiful yellow beast. Being a bit sleepy and not remembering how narrow the squeeze was between the trailer & the stone garden ornament when I parked last night, i merrily pressed the start button and threw in reverse.

Gently I pulled away keeping a close eye on the big scary and extremely car unfriendly stone on my left. Suddenly I noticed how it grew closer inch by inch. I then threw a quick glance in the other rear view mirror & saw I had at least 5 cm to the trailer. So I turned the wheel oh so slightly and gently squeezed the accelerator.

As my brain registered the solid beeeep from the reverse parking monitor over the chatter of the radio it was to late. With a resounding screetch that would chill any car loving (wo)man to the bone the car came to a quick stop. Argh!!! Threw in neutral, handbrake on and out to check the damage.

Well the trailer was wider than I saw in the mirror. For it had some extra protruding metal bits just above it's wheel housings. They had, much to my dismay, caused a big dent & 8 scrathes on the side of my car. Five of which were very deep and quite wide :-(.

Most of the damage was absorbed by the metal above the rear right wheel housing. However there are three deep scratches on the back plastic bumber as well and one scratch right where the bumbper meets the right hand side metal parts.

So now I have to get the dent in the metal and the scratches in the plastic fixed as well as a new paint job. To add further aggrevation to my problems I am on holiday in another country and Audi doesn't have any free time slots until 21st of Aug. On top of that I will have to be without the car for 10 days maybe :-(.

I am not sure of the cost for me but I am guessign my self risk will be around 350EUR. Another matter which makes the whole thing worse is that I had an appointment with Mr.CAP (Car rejuvenation) tomorrow and they were going to polish her up nice for me :-(. Oh well sh*t happens. My first incident since I got my driving license so I guess I should be happy this was all.

// bobey

Re: Scratches & Dents on my new Rs4 :-(

Originally posted by bobey
    ...Oh well sh*t happens. My first incident since I got my driving license so I guess I should be happy this was all.

// bobey
    Let them all be on this scale, that is very important.

I now that small things can be very agrivating but...

BTW,

great colour, that would be my choice no.1 for RS 4!

Re: Re: Scratches & Dents on my new Rs4 :-(

Originally posted by AndyBG
    Let them all be on this scale, that is very important.

I now that small things can be very agrivating but...

Agreed. This sucks...but at least it's better than having a motorbike rear end you after just taking delivery like another RS 4 owner from this board! That'd suck even worse!

To getting it fixed and back on the road soon...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Itīs sad . But at least no one , but the car , get hurt .

Hope it gets fixed as soon as possible .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Well feels better today. The damage isn't all that eye-catching but still don't like driving around in a dented car. However the problem still remains that I probably won't get this fixed until the end of Aug :-(. Now I'm just waiting to hear what my insurance company has to say so that I then can get a price estimate.

// bobey

I can share your pain... I have been through a lot worst!!!!

These were the pictures from teh accident I had the second day i had the car....

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....8&pagenumber=4

These were the pictures from teh accident I had the second day i had the car....

Man, that is bad luck...

But, he had ''46'' on its bike...

Hope he is OK.

Originally posted by MR USER

Did you get it fixed at Audi? How did the repairs turn out? Can you see any difference from the new car or did they fix it up ok? Also what was involved? I'm guessing dent removal, paint job and fixing the plastic on the rear bumper along with the window.

Asking as I am about to go through the same so I am a bit nervous about the results. Hoperfully though it won't be noticable.

// bobey

Here are two pictures....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0836_small.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	4043  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0837_small.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	4044  

Audi Did an excellent job... it took a bit but the result is perfect.
    They replaced almost all the parts involved.
    Boot lid, Rear bumper, rear glass, rear woofers or speakers (not sure what they are as I only listent o the engine!!!), lights ans insulation. THe only thing they repaired and not changed is the metal going to the roof from the boot.
    Repainting was fine. I also had it teflon coated to make the colour more resisitant and now it shines like a diamond!!!

I guess in your case it's just a minor repair and yellow is not as delicate as black.... If they do a god job you will not notice any difference I'm sure.

The job I had was very expensive but the insurance of the biker paied for it....... something around $15k. The guy lost his bike and had to pay for another car involved in the accident.....

Damn that was expensive!!! Glad I'm not the biker :-]. Anyhow am talking to my insurance company but they are sooooo slow to react. When they want your money they are quick., but never the other way round ;-].

// bobey