Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My little finger told me the V12 TDI is currently

Actually the dsg is a sequential gearbox.
    I think it would fit very well with the R8, like an comfort-option.

Dear Friends,

no other news than a 6-speed manual Transmission combined with a V8 FSI for market introduction. 420HP are said, you can expect up to 450HP at the launch in September. Magnetic ride adaptive damping system will be on board. 7-speed DSG will follow as well as other engine set-up´s.

Originally posted by Qisha
    Dear Friends,

no other news than a 6-speed manual Transmission combined with a V8 FSI for market introduction. 420HP are said, you can expect up to 450HP at the launch in September. Magnetic ride adaptive damping system will be on board. 7-speed DSG will follow as well as other engine set-up´s.
    Finally someone stating what most of us are thinking, DSG will follow.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I saw a video of a Gallardo with the E-gear and it was fantastic , a good solution until the DSG is ready .

To stay on topic , if Audi continues implementing its racing "achievements" to their R , S and RS range my next Audi could be my first diesel car.
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

I don't think that there will be a diesel on the R8, or any other high performance Audi in the future. Remember, that the R10 diesel weights about 580 pounds (Car and Driver) while being all aluminum, expensive expensive expensive engine. The 4.2 liter V8 already weights about the same amount. A V12 version would be extremely heavy. It will be alright for an A8 or a Q7, but not for the production R8. It might happen in the future, but definately not now.

Re: My little finger told me the V12 TDI is currently

Originally posted by Mr Balsen
    running in an Audi S8 as well as an Audi Q7.

Actually, it is possible that the S8 will have two possible engines: V10 normal gazoline or V12 TDI.

Cheers from Paris,
    Frederic
    I can't wait to lay down 800lbft on someone whilst getting 20+mpg.

This is the first time that a performance car uses Diesel engine,right? Anyway, is it possible for an A3 to use diesel(TDI engine)?
    Boris

Originally posted by borispmchan
    This is the first time that a performance car uses Diesel engine,right? Anyway, is it possible for an A3 to use diesel(TDI engine)?
    What do you want to know? If a V12 diesel fits to an A3? Could be tricky
    But really fast

Originally posted by borispmchan
    They come with 2.0TDi engines but a 5.5V12 could be tight.

Originally posted by Leadfoot
    Finally someone stating what most of us are thinking, DSG will follow.
    or S-tronic as Audi would like it to be known now.

Apparently only VWs have whats known as DSG now. Its the same damn thing, just re-branded.

Just another .....tronic name to confuse the average Audi buyer

http://www.carcounter.de/news.php?nid=625

Hmm, I no fan of diesels - but this admittedly sounds hot...

The V12 6.0 TDI will be combined with the DL 751 Gearbox, no other Transmission is able to take the 1.000NM of Torque. It will be a 7-Speed Version and is supposed to debut in early 2008.

The V12 6.0 TDI will be combined with the DL 751 Gearbox, no other Transmission is able to take the 1.000NM of Torque. It will be a 7-Speed Version and is supposed to debut in early 2008.
    I take it, this combo will be first seen in the next A8 and then possibly the Q7 and others to follow. It's surprising when you think of it, that Audi and VW are possibly the largest diesel manufacturer of passenger cars and have won the Le Mans with one, but presently BMW seem to be winning to performance diesel car battle.

This engine can't come soon enough.
    Search and you will find the truth.

What type of transmission is the DL 751? I am assuming it's an automatic, S-Tronic perhaps?

That is that!

World, hold on, A8 6.0 TDI quattro is coming... !

Originally posted by AndyBG
    World, hold on, A8 6.0 TDI quattro is coming... !
    But the Q7 will get it first
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Auto-Motor-Sport confirms:

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/news/...special_ha.htm

Q7 with 6.0 V12 TDI starting early 2008, 6-speed automatic gearbox, the engine already meets the Euro5 emission limits.

Audi is proud to present a world first – the first twelve-cylinder diesel engine in a series passenger car. This six-litre V12 makes its debut in the Audi Q7. It produces a colossal 500 PS and 1,000 Nm of torque. With this engine Audi has opened a new chapter in diesel history.

The V12 TDI is reminiscent of the engine featured in the new R10 Le Mans racing car – it catapults the driving performance of the Audi Q7 into the echelons of top-class sports cars. The car sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.5 seconds, and has an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h. Maximum torque is available from just 1,750 rpm. The high-tech diesel engine, with the world’s first 2,000 bar Bosch Common Rail system, provides the high-performance Audi SUV with superior power reserves in any situation. The impressive sound of the new Audi is provided by the ultra-modern piezo-injection system. The V12 TDI transmits this power through a new six-speed tiptronic gearbox to the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system.

Although the V12 TDI belongs to the Audi V-engine family, this model features a special cylinder angle of 60° – perfect for this engine type. Apart from the light and highly durable crankcase, a further highlight is the new chain drive assembly. This includes the two newly developed high-pressure pumps in the common rail injection system.

Up to 2,000 bar of pressure is kept within the twelve piezo injectors – a further technological breakthrough. Both performance and efficiency are optimised by this high injection pressure, and the running smoothness also remains excellent. Exhaust emissions are also low. The twin-turbo V12 TDI conforms to the Euro 5 emissions class which should come into force in 2010. Fuel consumption is only 11.9 litres per 100 kilometres. With the high-tech twelve-cylinder engine using TDI technology, the diesel pioneers at Audi have opened new horizons in motoring.

500PS, 1000Nm between 1,750 - 3000 rpm, 0-100km/h in 5.5s

See complete Audi press announcement at WCF
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail