Thread: Tuning for my B5 S4 Avant

Tuning for my B5 S4 Avant

Hi everybody!

After a fantastic trip to Spa and The Ring (hope you have seen the videos ) i think it's time to have a little more power in my B5.

I was very delighted to see Awe's upgrades. Especially the RSK04 Turbo Kit, and the intercoolers. But neither my danish "dealer" or myself can't get in touch with Awe? I've tryed to leave at least 3 messages for them to call me back on their orderphone. Very strange. :trash:

But my question is - does the RSK04 Turbo Kit fit my european model? Especially the chip is a problem i guess

The alternative is to buy a set of new RS4 turbo's on Ebay, but that's not even close to the set Awe's making. If i do that, can i upgrade all the hose clamps, spark plug's, Hitachi MAF sensor and so on myself?

I also think The Samco set is a good choice to high pressure. Is it a good choice to replace Engine Mounts to RS4 as well? What does these things do? (sorry for asking a silly question!)

Finally does anyone know someone at Awe? I really want to get in touch with them! My car is totally a part, and it's NOW, if i want to upgrade it.

Hoping some of you guys got some answers!

Greets from Claus

Hello Claus,

AWE makes good stuff and I've been looking into their "460" package, but why not use an European tuner closer to you? There are many tuners out your way that are tried and proven. MTM, Abt, Sportec, etc...

And unfortunately, I don't know anyone personally at AWE, I only have their phone #s that are listed on their website. Coincidentally, they're only an hour's drive from my place of birth.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

check MTM website

Claus,

Before you make a decision, you might want to check out the B5 S4 forum on Audiworld.com. There are countless posts regarding AWE's products.

I think the best route for you to go is whatever your local tuner offers. You won't regret having the local support when things go awry.

Good luck! I just had my my S4 turned into a Stage 3 using mainly RS4 components (turbos, injectors, pump, pipes, etc.) and Dahlback software and I love it.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten