Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS4 in the USA recieved

Originally posted by BigRick
    I must disagree... the beginning is near!!!
    "It is not the beginning of the End, rather the end of the Beginning"

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Re: Re: Rs4

I'm sorry if my tone was overly harsh, that's not what I was intending to do.

The problem is the assumption that just because Canada and the US are neighbours, our car markets should be treated and priced identically. This, unfortunately, is far from reality.

I know the RS4 seems ridiculously expensive here; there are a couple of factors at work. Our currency didn't start to sky rocket until approximately 6 months ago, by that time contracts are signed and cost are already determined. It's tough for a car company to react to a suddenly surging currency. The second problem is it costs just as much to certify a car for Canada (as compared to the US,) but you're doing so for roughly 10x fewer cars. Hence, the amount of money you have to recover on every car is much higher. There's not much they can do about that. Check the price of car with limited sales numbers. Our prices are typically inflated compared to the US (Porsche in particular.)

The US typically gets cars before us, that's just the way it is. This isn't exclusive to Audi or the RS4.

Audi themselves have never said publically that the cars would be here in April. They always stuck to the "late May, early June" mantra. It's looking like late June for Canadian intro, but there is at least one guy who got his from the port in Halifax.

It wasn't a matter of us not wanting those features. The seats don't have side airbags, the steering wheel would have required certification. North Americans put bigger importance on cupholders than a starter button. All told, redesigning the seats and certifying them and the wheel would have added roughly $10K US to each car, even worse in Canada. They made a judgement call, and IMO, the right one.

From everything I've been able to piece together, Canada is getting between 100-250 cars (depending on who you talk to.) Even if we had 400 orders, we haven't been alotted that many cars.

Don't worry though, if you have an alotment for your car, it will come. It just makes it tough hearing how good the car is.
    05 TT 3.2 DSG

Originally posted by Audihead
    That's great! Now where is mine? My dealer has the invoice and the car has been sitting at the port since the end of May. When can I expect to get it?

Just got another one in, this one is black and the one from yesterday was Avus silver. These are not sold units.

Re: Re: Re: Rs4

Originally posted by Prof Gascan
    I'm sorry if my tone was overly harsh, that's not what I was intending to do.

The problem is the assumption that just because Canada and the US are neighbours, our car markets should be treated and priced identically. This, unfortunately, is far from reality.

I know the RS4 seems ridiculously expensive here; there are a couple of factors at work. Our currency didn't start to sky rocket until approximately 6 months ago, by that time contracts are signed and cost are already determined. It's tough for a car company to react to a suddenly surging currency. The second problem is it costs just as much to certify a car for Canada (as compared to the US,) but you're doing so for roughly 10x fewer cars. Hence, the amount of money you have to recover on every car is much higher. There's not much they can do about that. Check the price of car with limited sales numbers. Our prices are typically inflated compared to the US (Porsche in particular.)

The US typically gets cars before us, that's just the way it is. This isn't exclusive to Audi or the RS4.

Audi themselves have never said publically that the cars would be here in April. They always stuck to the "late May, early June" mantra. It's looking like late June for Canadian intro, but there is at least one guy who got his from the port in Halifax.

It wasn't a matter of us not wanting those features. The seats don't have side airbags, the steering wheel would have required certification. North Americans put bigger importance on cupholders than a starter button. All told, redesigning the seats and certifying them and the wheel would have added roughly $10K US to each car, even worse in Canada. They made a judgement call, and IMO, the right one.

From everything I've been able to piece together, Canada is getting between 100-250 cars (depending on who you talk to.) Even if we had 400 orders, we haven't been alotted that many cars.

Don't worry though, if you have an alotment for your car, it will come. It just makes it tough hearing how good the car is.
    Nice explanation, Thnks. More or less what Audi Customer care were explaning to me when I filled the complaint.

96a4,

PM me ... the guys at Champion will trade all kinds of interesting stuff for your RS4s ... they can't fill their walkin demand. Frankly I may buy it and flip it. You're the first dealer I've heard of that is struggling with inventory.

K2

Mine is in. I pick it up Thrusday.

WHOA, WHOA, DON'T SEND THAT RS4 TO FLORIDA YET. 96a4, check your PM box!!!!

I must disagree... the beginning is near!!!
    Please tell me you will be taking your car to Mont-Tremblant with the Audi Club in late September.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    Please tell me you will be taking your car to Mont-Tremblant with the Audi Club in late September.
    I was thinking about going with BMW club in three weeks (if the car has arrived) but late september would also be good!

Can you PM me some details about the event?

Thanks

I was thinking about going with BMW club in three weeks (if the car has arrived) but late september would also be good!

Can you PM me some details about the event?

Thanks
    You should hit the ACNA website if it is an Audi Club event.

ACNA Link

ACNA Link
    Thanks

Noone has mentioned it yet, but one of the first things on th PDI list is to change the sparkplugs on the car. I've been told the car does not like to be driven short distances and shut off unless the car has reached full operating temps. Please keep this in mind for future use of this car. When I saw the plugs they pulled, they were very black and somewhat moist. I have a feeling this car may foul the plugs here in the States very easy if you aren't careful.

ACNA Link
    Aaron, BTW, nice sig update.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Audihead , more like the tipical let me hear the sound of the engine , then start , rev it up and stop . The mechanic said to me that it is something about the cilinders full of gasoline , not the temp but who knows . What they told me was that after using the car , it is better to let the car running at idle for at last 2 min .

Cool new avatar by the way .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Thanx. Here's a pic of the new car:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new rs4.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	3925  

And now Aaron is a "Proud Poppa"

Congrats and enjoy the Mini Beast over the weekend!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Congratulations Audihead , Enjoy and make pics of your nice car .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Thanx guys. Will get better shots later. That was actually a great shot, but I had to shrink it for this site. Way too big!
    I have already had the V8 emblems taken off the fenders and put the Titanium PKG filler plate in the grill. Now it's off to get VAG-COM'd for lighting, locks, windows, and that G-Damn seatbelt warning chime.
    Last edited by Audihead; June 16th, 2006 at 20:58.