Thread: Desperate RS4 owner needs HELP

Desperate RS4 owner needs HELP

Dear friends and Audi enthusiasts.

I have a black (in and out) RS4 and my girlfriend just got me a black IPOD to match the car (Ipod photo 60 gigs) that just looks as fabulous as the beauty I'm driving.

I will get from my dealer the MMI ipod interface (wire from MMI to Ipod..) and I am deciding where to place it.
    As I understand the MMI does not display any informations about what is being played on the Ipod and with over 10.000 songs on it it might take me a day or so to find the music I am looking for. For this reason I am looking for a good loking dock to mount on the right of the MMI screen...
    The trick is that I have a week to find one before they mount it and so far I have been very unlucky.

Please help me finding a good looking solution, think what kind of visual damage this baby could suffer if I go for the wrong one!!!

I count on your tasteful judgement as you all are passionate about this car as much as I am!!!

IPOD

I had an IPOD adaptor fitting to my RS4 2 months ago. I am VERY dissappointed with it. It will ONLY play from playlists you have to go through each track in the IPOD if you want to select another track. YOU CANNOT use the IPOD as normal to select the track.

I think it was a waste of £100. Also you cannot use your CD multichanger.

GOOD LUCK!
    ----cheers James

TTR, RS4

My dealer called me to tell the Ipod connexion is now an available option (250E in France)

May be you can retrofit?

Thank you both! I will have it installed next week but I am not too sure about it either! I will see if is a waste of mone or not.

Anyway I did 2000 km so far and I was not able to use the radio.... the engine just sounds too good!