Thread: Warranty

Warranty

Just found some good news today about my beast, I cant believe I didnt ask my service guy before.

My Ebony monster was put into service on 09-13-2004 so that means she is covered until 9-13-2008 or 50k miles.
    That is great. She has only 9k miles on her now as I really havent driven her anywhere besides work and errands so no long trips as of yet even though I would love to. She is my daily driver though I just dont live too far from my work, something like 8 miles one way.

Just thought I would share.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Well, yours out lats mine by almost three months (August 22nd...)

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman
    Well, yours out lats mine by almost three months (August 22nd...)

Ben
    Ben,

Yours was put into service in 2004 also?

Bajo

Originally posted by Bajors6
    Ben,

Yours was put into service in 2004 also?

Bajo
    Bought it August 22, 2003, so I guess it was in service 2003, no?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Bought it August 22, 2003, so I guess it was in service 2003, no?

Ben
    Then your warranty runs out by 2007 as with mine not until Sept. of 2008.

Bajo

Then your warranty runs out by 2007 as with mine not until Sept. of 2008.

Bajo
    Yep. One more year of blissful worry free driving. Then... come the BILLS!:MTM:

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Yep. One more year of blissful worry free driving. Then... come the BILLS!:MTM:

Ben

If previous Audi's are a measuring stick I dont think we will have too much to worry about Ben, guys like us dont beat our cars on a daily basis and always look, listen,diagnose and fix any problem we have, immediately. If you show it tender love and care and get wild at times it wont harm anything long term.
    Again its all how you treat them, well some of the time it is anyway. Guys like Aronis and Hyoctane and Jax have had too much trouble, but as the saying goes you cant judge every dog just because some of them have fleas.
    Enjoy her every day.

Bajo

Enjoy her every day.

Bajo
    Plan to for many years to come.

My main issue will be normal running "costs". The RS 6 is a pretty special car, and once its out of warranty, I'm not so sure if I'll be running to an independent for service. That said, the dealer will be pretty darn expensive.

I just did my 35K (at 36.6K now...) and I asked for an estimate of what that would have cost me out of pocket. Now... before I post the price, keep in mind this may be a total brain fart on the part of the individual that wrote it, because even to me, it makes no sense at all. Anyway... the price quoted for my 35K was... wait for it... $3400.00!!!:bigeyes: Wow. And on top of that, they found a "crimp" O Ring (a $2.40 part BTW) that required an additional... wait fo it... $1100.00 of labor to replace!!!:bigeyes: Sooo... had that been on my dime, I'd be out $4500.00! I asked if that price was correct, they seem to think so... wow, $3400.00/$4500.00 out of pocket for a service I'll be doing again at 75K, etc... that stuff adds up.

I got some thinking to do...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Those numbers sound way off...

It won't help on maintenance costs after the original warranty expires, but what are your thoughts on extended warranties? Who has the best coverage for RS6? I'm low mileage and have plenty of time left on mine, but wondering for later.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

Originally posted by SoCal
    Those numbers sound way off...

It won't help on maintenance costs after the original warranty expires, but what are your thoughts on extended warranties? Who has the best coverage for RS6? I'm low mileage and have plenty of time left on mine, but wondering for later.
    Those #s DO sound way off, so take them with a grain of salt. I've heard from others that the 35K would cost @ $2600.00, not the $3400.00 quoted me, so we'll see. I think we'll know FOR SURE once someone does their 75K and then posts the price they had to pay.

As for extended warranties, not sure on that. There are several here who might know... anyone?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

my wasrrantee quote was for extension from current milage to 75000 miles (Don't recall the exact numbers) so the price depends on how many miles you are currently at. So it varies greatly.

Mike

35K mi and 75K mi maintenance both require a timing belt. AOA pays at 35K and we pay at 75K, even with an extended warranty since that does not cover costs of scheduled maintenance. Dealer told me timing belt cost about $1500 P+L, which will be my responsibility at 75K mi (along with other scheduled maintenance).

To me the saddest thing was reading that AOA plans to drop its Audi Advantage program (free maintenance to 4 yrs/50K mi) for 2007 models. That would mean the $1500 timing belt would become an owner responsibility even at 35K mi. Audi Advantage was a big factor in drawing me back to the Audi fold in 1998. Without it, and with the high price of maintaining an RS6, I may have to look elsewhere next time.
    Current: 09 G8 GT

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2