Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sport auto out today - RS4 Nürburgring time included

Good time! .
    Is this the magazine that some of you were talking about some time ago? or are more to come.

I don´t think that the Sport Suspension makes a big difference , the tyres, yes(well, at least that´s what I have learned here).

And as I don´t understand German , what they said about the Ceramic Brakes? , Are they a big improvement? , what are the size? , and are just for the front wheels?

The RS4 on par with the CLK DTM AMG (I like that car) is great! .

Have a nice day .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Iulian,

They say there is no fade what so ever with the ceramic brakes, but they cost an arm and a leg.

Gazzab

I am slightly disappointed with the lap time, but only based on the previous rumors of a 7:58 time. I think Horst is getting a little old or something...the M5 supposedly got 8:04 with a driver like Stippler in it. As for the M3 CSL, I don't know how that ever got 7:50 either...but ya gotta admit, Audi fan or not, the new M3 will likely beat 8:09. When is that RS4+ coming out??? Still, a great time, I can't wait for comparisons between the RS4 and M3 to start in the magazines.

"Remember BMW said if the tyres were changed it would be 8-10 seconds slower"
    So may i guess that RS4 with normal tyres can do 8:19?Dissapointing...

Originally posted by rks838
    I am slightly disappointed with the lap time, but only based on the previous rumors of a 7:58 time. I think Horst is getting a little old or something...
    HvS is not a race driver and the 7:58 was never an official time.
    It was something I dragged out of him when we met.

BMW quoted sub/around 8 min track times as well for the M5 and M6.

Remember that the CSL is quite special, low volume very light and with very good r-tires.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by KK265
    "Remember BMW said if the tyres were changed it would be 8-10 seconds slower"
    So may i guess that RS4 with normal tyres can do 8:19?
    The BMW M6 did 8:09 with Corsas. (If I'm not completely mistaken)

Do you really think the heavier BMW M5 would be faster than the M6 if they put Corsas on?

Guys,

I know 8:09 is a good time, but remember the M6 did it's time without special brakes. Maybe HvS's driving style doesn't suit the quattro as well as rwd.

The point I was making was the M3 CSL made up more time than just it's weight, tyres and power. There must have been something more in it's set-up to explain this time and it's price.

The only thing I would like to add is the brakes, tyres and suspension that was add a the RS4 adds up to £6K add this to the price difference between it and the S4. That adds upto about £1K per second gained, does sound quite alot.

Though it's still some £14K cheaper than the M6, boy it's sounds very expensive.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Nürburgring isn't exactly the kind of track where brakes are the most important factor.

Guys at the end of the day who cares about the time, how many of us can drive the car to that potential. From all accounts regardless of the time it is a great car, it is still a fantastic compromise as a family sedan and track car.

Gazzab

Originally posted by gazzab
    Guys at the end of the day who cares about the time, how many of us can drive the car to that potential. From all accounts regardless of the time it is a great car, it is still a fantastic compromise as a family sedan and track car.

Gazzab
    Yep, your right, I'am silly dwelling over this, if you want a trackday car which is great on the road and don't have kids, buy a Porsche. If selling the kids isn't a option then buy a RS4.

Agree Leadfoot, my wife is very happy that I am buying the RS4, 4 doors and a five seater, when I mentioned Porsche it was NO way.

Gazzab

Agree Leadfoot, my wife is very happy that I am buying the RS4, 4 doors and a five seater, when I mentioned Porsche it was NO way.

Gazzab
    I take it your kids are either very young and as such no trouble or their at University. Cause the in between years are hell.

The wife drives a Renault Scenic and to tell you the truth, I don't vacuum it out, I get the shovel and spade. I would like to get her an A3 sporthatch, but until they bring out a version like the LR Defender which you can jetwash out the scenic will have to do.

As for me it either a TT-S or a Porsche Caymen. I' am more on the side of the Cayman, 2 seats and no room for the kids.

But I know it will end up being a TT, Audi is in my blood. Just wished dealer's treated loyality with better trade-in prices.

My wife has my hand down 328i, and yes it is treated like the dump, it is a health hazard, I think I will ban the kids from the new car, PB RS4.

Gazzab

CSL is predictably in a different league withand with 300 kg less weight and on the Michelin Cups - on comparable Corsas it would still be faster if less so. Corsas are important for the NS lap time (old RS4 about 8s). Plus suspension is probably relevant (I certainly hope so at least) although M5 was in fact fastest on its softest setting. Ceramic brakes - a valid if expensive optional extra (in Germany, available at 5800 euros for the front ones only) - are not decisive for NS but they do come into play in other super test disciplines. Still, it is possible to spec the car like that and still be left with ample money vs. the M6. But where can I buy the all-conquering new M3 right here and now?

Gazzab
    Your fully right no more to add

I agree with all of you, but for the price and exclusivity it would be nice to have some good Bragging Rights

Originally posted by njaudi1
    I agree with all of you, but for the price and exclusivity it would be nice to have some good Bragging Rights
    How about:

My 4-door family car is as fast as the Ferrari 360 Modena on the Nürburgring?

Originally posted by Erik
    How about:

My 4-door family car is as fast as the Ferrari 360 Modena on the Nürburgring?

Priceless!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan