Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi Streets of Tommorow

The event was pretty good. Sorry did not see any of you guys there. Did anyone get an RS4 ride on "cold tires" from "Oliver"? We were only supposed to get one try but we snuck two. Oliver is a professional driver, we got a nice "Swedish Flick at the end of the straight. The RS4 rotated it's ass out all the way around the far turn. Man that was a blast. I can totally see why they don't let people drive the RS4 and S8 or any of the really high-performance cars. Most of the people that were there are NOT trained in the slightest way to drive the way the rides were being given out. You would have seen 4 wadded up RS4's and one S8 on the back of a car hauler by then end of the weekend. The food and displays were nice. 2 hours was about all you needed, then you were done. A great excuse to go to Chicago.

Originally posted by Audihead
    [B]I can totally see why they don't let people drive the RS4 and S8 or any of the really high-performance cars. Most of the people that were there are NOT trained in the slightest way to drive the way the rides were being given out. You would have seen 4 wadded up RS4's...B]
    You mean like the one wrecked RS 4 we had, courtesy valet parking attendants!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman
    You mean like the one wrecked RS 4 we had, courtesy valet parking attendants!

Ben
    How bad was it? Did you see it?

Originally posted by Audihead
    How bad was it? Did you see it?
    No, they kept it under lock and key once they found out. In fact, we (the consumers) were not even supposed to find out. One of the drivers though had some loose lips and informed his passenger what had happened, from that point it spread like wildfire and that's how I heard. I asked the other drivers if it was just a rumor and they were suprised I had found out (but they did confirm the story).

I did hear that the car was still totally driveable but at the same time, certainly not presentable.

Yep, Saturday there were 4 RS 4s, Sunday, only three...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman
    Yep, Saturday there were 4 RS 4s, Sunday, only three...
    Witch one was ''eliminated'', blue, grey, yellow or...?

Originally posted by AndyBG
    Witch one was ''eliminated'', blue, grey, yellow or...?
    Or...

Blue, Yellow and Grey were the ones that survived. They did not disclose the color of the wrecked one.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

I thought I saw a dark green on Saturday - so maybe that was the one that got hit? - I got a ride in the yellow one - he gave me an extra long ride because my kids were thrilled with the sound of the engine - they get asking the driver to "floor it". So he had to find little places to allow for that and then to demonstrate the brakes.....

Originally posted by s42ski
    I thought I saw a dark green on Saturday - so maybe that was the one that got hit? - I got a ride in the yellow one - he gave me an extra long ride because my kids were thrilled with the sound of the engine - they get asking the driver to "floor it". So he had to find little places to allow for that and then to demonstrate the brakes.....
    Maybe that was the color. Got banged up Saturday night/Sunday morning so never saw it...

Yep, those brakes are as sweet as the engine...second thought, nope. The engine was sweeter.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan