Thread: Anybody bought an RS6 off eBay?

Question Anybody bought an RS6 off eBay?

I think I might have a record for lowest price paid and highest miles on an RS6 in the USA. Still, I'm happy to be in the club. I have a 2001 A6 2.7t now, and my Mugello Blue gets here Friday. I've never even ridden in an RS6, but I've wiped some drool off a couple. So I'm excited.

I'll post a pix in a week or so.

You must have got a deal! Usually they don't meet reserve on ebay. People see the auction and then go deal direct if they are interested. Did anyone test drive it for you in advance? Does it still have any warranty left on the clock? Awesome car, and best of times with it.

I only bid because their buy it now was the lowest I had ever seen on an rs6, $49995. Then they lowered their reserve to my max bid and no one else bid on it. I called the guy and said the deal would be contingent on an Audi dealer checking it out, which he was cool with. It has 55000 on it and the dealer said it needed new rear brake pads, so they're on and I'm in.
    Car of a lifetime, right? Had to pull the trigger. Nice to have a forum like this where folks understand!

Congrats. And you WILL love the car.
    Must post photos when she is home.
    Next step is modding the hell out of it
    !

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Originally posted by Mightyhead
    I only bid because their buy it now was the lowest I had ever seen on an rs6, $49995. Then they lowered their reserve to my max bid and no one else bid on it. I called the guy and said the deal would be contingent on an Audi dealer checking it out, which he was cool with. It has 55000 on it and the dealer said it needed new rear brake pads, so they're on and I'm in.
    Car of a lifetime, right? Had to pull the trigger. Nice to have a forum like this where folks understand!
    Congrats and welcome. Sounds like a heck of a deal. Best of luck. May you have lots of miles of pure driving pleasure.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

Originally posted by SoCal
    Congrats and welcome. Sounds like a heck of a deal. Best of luck. May you have lots of miles of pure driving pleasure.
    Ditto, welcome to the club!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Welcome,

you will love it, especially your right foot and rear end....

Enjoy.

Mike