Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

After 9 months and 5k miles I thought I would share my costs so far:
    Current Miliage 28.9k

Preemptive Transmission / Filter change $350
    Replaced Front control arms/joints to eliminate rattle - Improved feel of car also - $2k
    Brake Light Switch - $50
    2 oil changes
    - First was just a drain and fill as it only had a 3k on filter $30
    - Second (last week) - Why in hell don't they put the filter on top of engine like BMW?
    Still 25k miles away from second timing belt service. Lots of good miles ahead.

Car runs and drives great - Really one of my favorite cars in the last 10 years - Worlds more rewarding that the 2012 BMW 535 M Sport Xdrive I had. Right up with the E39 M5.
    2001 M5 / Missed Dearly - 1995 993 Porsche / Missed - 2004 996 Porsche / Not Missed - 1999 M3 / Not Missed - 2001 MCoupe / Recently Departed - 2003 RS6 - Current

Checking in for the first time with VIN ...905376. Is there a decoder for VINs that can produce any meaningful info? I know the car's ownership history since Day 0 (it's been in the family since new), but any options info would be appreciated.

905769 here - in Indianapolis. Misano Pearl Red, carbon trim, enhanced exhaust. All stock with 61,000 miles. I am the second owner. The original owner lived in Alaska.
    Love the car - the only downside is it prevents me from buying something newer when everything I want is $60k - $100k more, and not as good.........

Here is mine - 905669

Hey guys, new to this forum, (lurker for a while, finally got my membership approved..). After about 4 months of searching (and many, MANY excuses to my girlfriend for why I need to spend 24k on a 11 year old vehicle), I finally found what I believe to be the gem I've been waiting for. Just put a deposit down on it an will either have it shipped or fly out to pick up sometime at the end of next week.

58k miles, no mods (that I know of) other than the sound enhancing exhaust, and seems to be well-maintained. VIN 905575. I can't find the list, but there there any info I can glean from the VIN? I think it's a later vin which means maybe I get lucky and avoid the DRC and TQ issues?

And was all set to go get a Jeep SRT8...Thank you guys for showing me the light!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Hey guys, new to this forum, (lurker for a while, finally got my membership approved..). After about 4 months of searching (and many, MANY excuses to my girlfriend for why I need to spend 24k on a 11 year old vehicle), I finally found what I believe to be the gem I've been waiting for. Just put a deposit down on it an will either have it shipped or fly out to pick up sometime at the end of next week.

58k miles, no mods (that I know of) other than the sound enhancing exhaust, and seems to be well-maintained. VIN 905575. I can't find the list, but there there any info I can glean from the VIN? I think it's a later vin which means maybe I get lucky and avoid the DRC and TQ issues?

And was all set to go get a Jeep SRT8...Thank you guys for showing me the light!
    In 58K the Jeep would have been a pile.

Be sure to let the gfriend drive it once.

Welcome to the club!

Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

Good choice, although you'll probably be hit with more costs (unless you wrench), the performance and looks of this car go way beyond what the Jeep would offer.

The later VIN should mean you have a better TC, therefore saving the transmission. With any luck you'll get past 100k before issues with those, but that is assuming you leave it stock tuned. The DRC is problematic regardless, but it should have had the recall done at least once, but it will still fail odds are. Many options from $1,000 to $4,000 for upgrading the suspension when needed.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Be sure to let the gfriend drive it once.
    ummmm NO!

Last guy that did that, gf hit a "pothole" at 5mph and did 8k in damage (not sure of the exact numbers but close enough to get the picture)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Good choice, although you'll probably be hit with more costs (unless you wrench), the performance and looks of this car go way beyond what the Jeep would offer.

The later VIN should mean you have a better TC, therefore saving the transmission. With any luck you'll get past 100k before issues with those, but that is assuming you leave it stock tuned. The DRC is problematic regardless, but it should have had the recall done at least once, but it will still fail odds are. Many options from $1,000 to $4,000 for upgrading the suspension when needed.
    I've never been a wrench guy but I think this is a fantastic time to start. I've been looking at various boards and Youtube vids and I think I could at least manage to learn the basics. Still, from what I've heard this car will require much more than most people are capable of on their own.

I'm hearing mixed things about purchasing the extended warranty. I can get one through the dealer through SafeGuard for around $3500 for a 24mo/24k mi or 4k for 30mo/30k mi. This is apparently for full coverage with a $100 deductable at any Audi dealership. Anybody have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    ummmm NO!

Last guy that did that, gf hit a "pothole" at 5mph and did 8k in damage (not sure of the exact numbers but close enough to get the picture)
    Oh no. She will not be driving this. She scares the crap out of me in her Lancer (not even an EVO). I could save everyone a lot of time and just drive the car directly through the wall of the impound lot. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post

Welcome to the club!
    Thanks!! Happy to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    ummmm NO!

lol that's me. 4mph pothole hit, insurance covered $7,934.35 in damages, I had to pay for tires ($1250) because they were at 2mm of tread, and VC Gaskets, cam seals and plugs, and did a TB service at the same time since it was due in ~5k miles, to the tune of just under $4k. I blame the VC and Cam seals on the pothole, if they'd covered those the payout from insurance would've been closer to $10k, a bit over 11 if they'd done the right thing and replaced my tires, too...

Oh, and I still let Gina drive the beast, I would've hit the same pothole, probably at a faster clip, and done more damage anyway...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

901394, full history and still on original trans/tq. in fact engine has never been out according to the history, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    901394, full history and still on original trans/tq. in fact engine has never been out according to the history, fingers crossed!
    Nice, early vin. What's your mileage, sounds like you just picked it up?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Nice, early vin. What's your mileage, sounds like you just picked it up?
    200k, yep only had it a few months. canadian cars start 901 so not sure about vin date, door says march 04.

Happy Holidays to All !!

New to me and Loving it

2003 Audi RS6
    95k - Audi Dealer Owned and Maintained with records
    VIN - 905807
    12/03

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Avus Silver.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	15755

( Traded up from a 2008 BMW 535i )
    Last edited by PCMacDr; December 26th, 2014 at 23:02. Reason: pic added

Very nice! Vins past 905500 seem to have a torque converter and trans that last longer; guessing yours are original? Tuned? Looks to be riding high in the back, classic feature of DRC struts incorrectly pressurized when last recall or repair was done. You can get that leveled out some if you like how it's working, or replace with standard struts/coils like many due to repeated failures. Looks great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	15764
    Very nice! Thank you
    Vins past 905500 seem to have a torque converter and trans that last longer; guessing yours are original? That's good to know and let's hope; I think they are
    Tuned? Yes, dealer stated Euro flash
    Looks to be riding high in the back, classic feature of DRC struts incorrectly pressurized when last recall or repair was done. You can get that leveled out some if you like how it's working, or replace with standard struts/coils like many due to repeated failures - it rides good for now, when they do fail, coilovers will be installed
    Looks great!
    Thank you again and thank you for your input

I will be learning a lot from here and looking forward with my RS6

That is decent stock ride height^^

Wow all these very late vin's popping up. You have no idea how lucky you are