Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    So if i just put it back to the stock setting, it all back to normal, and i can see about getting a proper tune (open to suggestions). This is a DD, and i am not looking for anything more than maybe the 50hp it already has, just safer hp!
    Sounds about right. It's not the worst, but under warm conditions, and depending on gas quality, you'll get some timing pulled and run hotter. From what I've data logged, the engine always protected itself by pulling timing. I was able to find some software to piggyback onto Revo and add the necessary fuel to keep up with boost and timing. It's a bit of a pain, you'd need full VAG-COM setup, but it works well.

Just a note, I heard a while back that if you use the SPS tool to reduce boost, as in going back to stock, you can't bring boost back up. This may be true, and I've been lazy in data logging to confirm, but I reduced boost, and when I added it back it sure didn't feel as if it was there at the previous level. I'm using the custom SPS tool settings, 3 for boost, 5 for timing.

Eurocharged in the states, Viper in Europe, good reviews by every user on here. APR for $2k seems a bit steep, sure it's nice. MTM might be available.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Currently Ansbach, Germany. Originally from Gaithersburg, Maryland.
    Mine is *900645*. Its a german spec, dont know if you really need it, but nevertheless here it is. Maybe i am the first one.
    Last edited by galyun; July 13th, 2014 at 18:37.

904327 is going through the auction tomorrow in Dallas. It is blue with light grey interior and 89k miles. Does this belong to someone on here?
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

I might be purchasing 905565. Mugello on ivory. Loaded cept, cf, and warm weather. 43k miles, I'll be the 4th onwer. First owned it until 35k, second only a short bit, next onwer has had it since 2012, but only put 4k miles on her. Can't wait.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    I might be purchasing 905565. Mugello on ivory. Loaded cept, cf, and warm weather. 43k miles, I'll be the 4th onwer. First owned it until 35k, second only a short bit, next onwer has had it since 2012, but only put 4k miles on her. Can't wait.
    Are you looking at a member's RS6 or somewhere else?

If you are looking towards a 6speed conversion, there are a few.
    Good luck in your hunt!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I bought 905172, Ebony Pearl Metallic (very dark gray) with Silver interior, about a month ago. So far, other than DRC being on the way out (though not awful yet) on one channel, it's been great for 5000 miles. Drive it home across the country and almost every day since, and will do so until my normal car is finished with some repairs I am doing, which is another month or so. I do hate the aftermarket stereo unit in it (Alpine INA-W910), though.

Nice color combo. I think you will really enjoy this car! RNS-E is a nice OEM Nav. Zawa on Audizine usually has them for sale.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

New one posted in a different thread, WUAPV54B33N905626

Mugello Blue, Ivory Interior, Carbon Trim, Nav, loaded, 94k miles, selling on AutoTrader for $22k out of Mountain View, CA
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

WUAPV64B83N905420

Tranny replaced around 95K... had been experiencing issues, though since 75k

Hello everyone! First time adding into the conversations here. Here are my final six: 905049. This group is a wealth of information, so what can you tell about this vin?

Also, I'm kicking around the idea of selling this car for a 2007 S8 in my area, but having a tough time with parting with this car. Any constructive comments on either side are welcome!

Cheers,
    Doug

What is the known history of your car? I can check the vin list this weekend

I like the styling of the 07 S8 but there are issues. Poor performance and carbon on the valves are the big ones.

You can see my signature....you know my vote.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by DL29 View Post
    Hello everyone! First time adding into the conversations here. Here are my final six: 905049. This group is a wealth of information, so what can you tell about this vin?

Also, I'm kicking around the idea of selling this car for a 2007 S8 in my area, but having a tough time with parting with this car. Any constructive comments on either side are welcome!

Cheers,
    Doug

Cheers,
    Doug
    Depends on why you're looking to upgrade. If it's just you have the itch for newer tech / nicer interior / more space, then the S8 is a good choice. I owned a 2007 S6 and, although I loved every minute of it (torque aplenty and mine had a non resonated milltek exhaust, which was heaven on my ears), I wouldn't buy one again...just too nose heavy for me / didn't handle well enough. I only owned for a year, so never ran into carbon buildup issues, but it is an issue to be aware of on those engines. Also, the S8 has a lot of tech on it...I passed up buying one last December because I couldn't get comfortable with the "what could go wrong" costs of ownership and the one I was looking at had a code for the suspension that couldn't be cleared but also checked out fine when Audi inspected. Personally, I'd rather upgrade an RS6 or pay for maintenance than roll the dice on an S8...but that is me, and I've always wanted an RS6...hence why I linger on this site but don't own an Audi right now lol...

Good luck with the decision either way.

Outside of the time I have had the car, I don't have a complete history. I've been up on the upkeep but haven't had a trans issue or such. I wish I got my hands on this car earlier in its life, that's for sure. This would be a long term keeper for sure, but can't continue to be my daily driver. The S8 I'm playing around with the idea about has super low miles (34K) and seems to be in very good shape. Just wish I could also keep the RS6 and just update as time / money permit, maybe a few upgrades and just enjoy for next 2 decades! GREAT signature - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    What is the known history of your car? I can check the vin list this weekend

I like the styling of the 07 S8 but there are issues. Poor performance and carbon on the valves are the big ones.

You can see my signature....you know my vote.

?

That is pretty much my motivations for looking to upgrade. That and having this as my daily driver is not ideal scenario. I realize the drive would NOT be the same..which is tough thing to give up. This car is just so well balanced. As mentioned, the particular one I'm eyeing does have super low miles, but it is obviously on my dime if/when something goes wrong.. how do you clean up the carbon buildup in the V10 btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubs View Post
    Depends on why you're looking to upgrade. If it's just you have the itch for newer tech / nicer interior / more space, then the S8 is a good choice. I owned a 2007 S6 and, although I loved every minute of it (torque aplenty and mine had a non resonated milltek exhaust, which was heaven on my ears), I wouldn't buy one again...just too nose heavy for me / didn't handle well enough. I only owned for a year, so never ran into carbon buildup issues, but it is an issue to be aware of on those engines. Also, the S8 has a lot of tech on it...I passed up buying one last December because I couldn't get comfortable with the "what could go wrong" costs of ownership and the one I was looking at had a code for the suspension that couldn't be cleared but also checked out fine when Audi inspected. Personally, I'd rather upgrade an RS6 or pay for maintenance than roll the dice on an S8...but that is me, and I've always wanted an RS6...hence why I linger on this site but don't own an Audi right now lol...

Good luck with the decision either way.

That is pretty much my motivations for looking to upgrade. That and having this as my daily driver is not ideal scenario. I realize the drive would NOT be the same..which is tough thing to give up. This car is just so well balanced. As mentioned, the particular one I'm eyeing does have super low miles, but it is obviously on my dime if/when something goes wrong.. how do you clean up the carbon buildup in the V10 btw?
    Here is a good thread with DIY cleaning procedure and picks of what the carbon buildup looked like on an S6 V10.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...leaning-thread

Basically a lot of scraping and I believe you can attach zip ties to a drill and use that to knock off the carbon. Tedious process regardless...

904938 checking in. 41k miles all stock other than Stasis-Ohlins Motorsport Suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    904938 checking in. 41k miles all stock other than Stasis-Ohlins Motorsport Suspension.
    Welcome, thanks for sharing. You should post up a new thread with some pics!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Welcome, thanks for sharing. You should post up a new thread with some pics!

Done. Thanks for the welcome!