Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

905122. Early or late? Metallic black with gray & carbon. Not near car now to check build date. Original title issued 11/08/04 was from Sunnyside Audi Middleburg Heights, OH to VW Credit Leasing. My friend who I bought from, his VA title issued 04/2006 @ 42,680mi. So yeah, wow - never really noticed this before, it was driven those first couple years. Holy sh-t that's like 2.4k mi. a month LOL. 80 mi.s a day, I guess in reality that isn’t so so over the top.

So anyway, after that revelation realized just now, I bought it about a year ago w/ 85k mi. from second owner friend. I have had many cars over years mostly European majority Porsches but all kinds. I am really good at acquiring them but really really bad at parting with them. LOL My weak spot (outside of Porsche anyway) is for high-end and rarer but super depreciated cars like RS6, CLK Black, Bentley GT cars like that. I’ve mod.ed a lot of them, do fair amount of track things and most of my own mechanicals short of engine/trans builds and advanced fab. I have what amounts pretty much to a fully commercially fitted garage w/ lifts, good tire equip. etc. which helps me to live amicably with my bad habit.

Friend I bought from is very active as instructor and driver in PCA and Audi Club racing/track events via that he apparently has some kind of Audi corp. connection and also via the fact that Audi/VW and now I blv. also Lambo and Bugatti but I don’t blv. Bentley NA HQ is right here in our backyard near Dulles airport. He and his wife used car as semi-daily normal car. He swears he only drove it twice at Audi Club DEs and he is honest guy and I don’t really care. He has lots of cars, GT2, crazy gray market Porsches, Euro series Cup cars etc. and he is pretty mechanically knowledgeable and I know maintains his cars well.

He said never really had any issues w/ car. He says he had the dampers/? DRC system replaced 2 maybe 3 yr.s ago under some recall but that an Audi contact of his told him to wait some period of time from when he initially inquired on recall process b/c he=contact could soon get new / revamped parts possibly from new RS6?? Is that possible at all? He said something like that but I don’t fully recall and there really is no paperwork on it in folder I got. I need to ask him about that again.

I probably overpaid some, paid him $25k but it included us sending it to excellent shop of long-time dealer Audi tech and fellow Porsche nut friend for time belt and water pump and generally going over compression / leak-down etc. which didn’t yield any other big finds. There is also a fair amount of value to me in buying a car from someone I know and trust and know they maintained well and treated respectfully and responsibly. I had always liked these cars ever since they were a press darling way back when and almost bought a couple others over past few years, ones I’d spotted sitting in dealer lots mostly direct trades couple auction cars, and I’m glad I have this one and not more of an unknown, although I really would have preferred silver w/ black. Interior is spotless which is good for that light gray, exterior is all straight but I’d put paint at a 7 of 10, I’m going to have front bumper and rockers refinished - just your basic battle scars - and wetsand & polish rest really well. Don’t like owning black cars even if metallic.

Few years ago when I was thinking abt. Getting one I already knew trans was weak and I started researching a little bit incl. on this forum - which btw has really excellent info. and knowledge base compared to most other car forums – and I read some little bits on manual trans swap and I figured “ok if I get and start tweaking it I’ll just do that” but now after having for a while and researching further it seems a bit too involved for me. I have other fast and way faster cars and ones I can tweak way easier than this one and I like the way this one drives as it is anyway. And because no big trans etc. issues yet I’m thinking to just not mess with it, maybe exhaust, better bars, maybe coilovers but I need look further into ups and downs of doing those too. But it really needs to be lowered a good inch. I’m not worried about effecting resale val. Like all my other BS I’ll never get rid of it. Bc I like it LOL. All I’ve done since got is put a set of RS4 wheels I’ve had laying around for a while on it. I really have not driven much in the yr. I’ve had it, maybe 1.5k but I do start and drive little bits to maintain, stabilize fuel etc. I’m getting ready to start driving it more.

Only issues I know of are airbag light that time belt tech guy said for some reason he couldn’t get off I have his notes but not too worried about it will investigate with scanner when I get around to it. And a small lubricant leak seems to have developed in what would pretty much be directly under shift console, I’m pretty sure its motor oil (? Rear main) but I need to get in air and look further. And by small I mean maybe a teaspoon in a couple weeks’ time and does leak at rest. I did do one big drive with Ferrari friends few months after I got it, couple hours pretty hard pounding on back roads in MD and PA chasing around w/ bunch of 458s and Scuds etc. and the car performed amazingly well and raised a lot of eyebrows. Esp. uphill w/ sweeping turn to really maximize AWD and TQ…. I was totally in their asses LOL. But truth be told a lot of them aren’t the best drivers either but nonetheless car, brakes (I think pads are stock), all were phenomenal …. Leak may have started after/during that escapade. I was pushing it prob. 8/10ths for abt. 2 hr.s almost straight nonstop.

Got the Bentley manual. First on my to do list is change / upgrade trans fluid. I have read some fluids threads on here but I was planning to use appropriate RedLine products for all unless really instructed otherwise. I use them for most all things in all cars and so do lots of friends w/ pretty much universal great results.

Anyway… cool car. Glad I got one and that there is this very knowledgeable community to support. After learning more and reading more here I will say the car overall is seemingly prone to be more problematic than I thought, and I already had a pretty high expectation of that relatively speaking. Pretty lame that Audi would make what was supposed to be a world-beater in the super sedan class and cost more than the AMG etc. and have such a weak trans. The period E55 trans will take well over 1,000 ft lbs I believe. I like it anyway, and no probs. Yet knock on wood. The main reason I like it so much is its rarity.

After all that neglected to say, car has 87K mi. now, so since friend second owner titled at 43k 04/2006 abt. 44k put on in last 8 yr.s.

I just put a Deposit down on 904865, I fly to Phoenix to pick it up later this month, I bought it rather blind since the original seller traded it into a dealership, called em up, asked em if they had it and pulled the trigger. It was the one listed as Imola yellow on Auto-trader for a while, If anyone knows about this particular car I'd love any feedback I can get, it has 105k miles now. I know the following things have been done or are mods according to sellers original descriptions I found.

supposedly 1 of 3 Imola Yellow in USA
    Wagner intercoolers
    Stainless steel brake lines
    Phaeton brake cooling ducts
    Stasis Sport Fully Adj Coilover Suspension - Does anyone know if this removes the DRC? I can't find this product on Stasis's website as of a couple days ago.
    Revo Software w/ switchable programs via SPS device unknown setup specs at this time.
    Hotchkis rear sway bar
    Sportec splash shield update - Does anyone know if this is what a layman would call a skidplate? I'm assuming it is and that might be why it doesn't have a front sway bar? thoughts on this would be nice.
    MTM TCU upgrade

Recent Maint listed
    105k timing service done at Audi North Scottsdale
    new battery as of Oct 2013
    OEM front brake rotors and EBC red pads w/ motul 660 brake fluid at 97k
    70k timing belt service
    70k tranks replaced with an updated one and torque conv replaced
    70k Upr and lwr control arms all inner/outer cv boots done

pics displays factory wheels idk tire condition at this time, hopefully they are good I have to drive this car 10 hours back to Amarillo once I get to pick it up.
    Once again any knowledge of this car would be greatly appreciated. I know that the Revo chip has mixed opinions I'm okay with it, its already done hopefully its not an extreme race crazy setup for its high output settings.
    Also if anyone is in the Phoenix area and would like to meet me PM me and we can grab a meal before I dash back!

thanks for any help,

Ryan

Nice, you should start a new thread. Statis replaces DRC, but sounds finicky and needs recharging every few years. Revo tune runs lean, so keep it on the safer side. I've heard that if you lower your boost with the SPS tool you can't raise it back up. You'll want to get Ross-tech vagcom software to monitor issues. With that, I can help down the road with adding more fuel to fix the lean condition. Looks like it's well maintained, cheers!

Sportec mod is holes cut into plastic tray under engine. It has stock front sway bar, for some unbeknown reason to me some only do rear. The front Hotchkis upgrade is amazing for reducing roll.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

So the stasis coilovers have to be recharged?

Just from some reading, this is all I've picked up, http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...sis-suspension

I'd start a new thread with your info, keeps this VIN one cleaner, cheers!

And the Sportec cooling mods seems really good for warm weather areas without a bunch of rain and debris.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I will once I take possession 2 weeks!

You want me to check the car out?

Schedule a PPI at Audi Chandler. PM me for the master techs name that works on my rides.

Oh yeah, the last owner was a long time member here. Safe4now was the screen name

It is official I own 904865 in Imola Yellow, I videotaped nearly my whole drive back from Arizona to Amarillo - I'll make sure and post the part where I thought a pack of Deer were going to run in front of me and ruin my day epically. and i'll start an ownership thread

904850 -> F/S at Park Place and it HAS to be someone on this forum as there is a detail in there that no regular Joe is gonna know about "Phaeton Brake cooling Ducts"
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Should have mentioned this a bit back. 904652 is now at home in Calgary, AB.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Hello, just registered, don't own a RS6 but...

One just came up for sale on the side of the road in my town (Norton, MA) and I'm getting interested... I can't get ahold of the seller but I do have the VIN: WUAPV64B03N905525. It is grey with grey interior, carbon trim, no NAV. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks and this board has been a great help on learning about the good, bad and the ugly on these beasts.

Andrew

Morning All, new to the board and RS6's. Just picked up a 1 owner from FL (thanks Michael), and its on its way up here to CT (sld be here Friday the 11th). PO has a folder of every service and work that was done to car thats an inch thick. Main stuff is TQ was done late in 2007, and DRC was done in 2009. Car has 87k on it right now. Last 6 are 904647. Sorry for the small pic's, but all i got right now from the online add. i will take some better ones once she is here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03 RS6 Front Center.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	15369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03 RS6 Pass Side Front.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	15370

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Hello, just registered, don't own a RS6 yet but...
    Andrew
    Fixed^^^

If you lurk long enough, you will have one or two or possibly three...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    Morning All, new to the board and RS6's. Just picked up a 1 owner from FL (thanks Michael), and its on its way up here to CT (sld be here Friday the 11th). PO has a folder of every service and work that was done to car thats an inch thick. Main stuff is TQ was done late in 2007, and DRC was done in 2009. Car has 87k on it right now. Last 6 are 904647. Sorry for the small pic's, but all i got right now from the online add. i will take some better ones once she is here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03 RS6 Front Center.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	15369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03 RS6 Pass Side Front.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	15370
    Looks good, welcome! Sounds like it's been cared for well, nice treat there. That VIN puts your trans on an early fail list, but since the TC was addressed maybe it will be ok. If it's not tuned hope it holds up for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Looks good, welcome! Sounds like it's been cared for well, nice treat there. That VIN puts your trans on an early fail list, but since the TC was addressed maybe it will be ok. If it's not tuned hope it holds up for a while!
    Thanks, i cant wait to get her. She was well cared for, and PO has a nice RS7 now as a replacement, but misses the RS6 already! As for a tune, he has the Revo Select for the car. Claims its a 50hp tune, but not sure how i can verify that. its just a little thing that plugs into the port and i can select on the dial what i want (stock, race, valet or disable i think). he never abused the car, but on occasion did get on it (how could you not). but he was the type that took it to the dealer to get checked out and swap windshield wipers! It was his DD.

I have an extended warranty question i posted up, so anyone that has input, please chime in!
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...ranty-question

Quote Originally Posted by petzl21 View Post
    Thanks, i cant wait to get her. She was well cared for, and PO has a nice RS7 now as a replacement, but misses the RS6 already! As for a tune, he has the Revo Select for the car. Claims its a 50hp tune, but not sure how i can verify that. its just a little thing that plugs into the port and i can select on the dial what i want (stock, race, valet or disable i think). he never abused the car, but on occasion did get on it (how could you not). but he was the type that took it to the dealer to get checked out and swap windshield wipers! It was his DD.

I have an extended warranty question i posted up, so anyone that has input, please chime in!
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...ranty-question
    I also have the Revo tune, and yes it's around 50hp, 75-100tq I would say. If you get on it a lot you feel that it runs lean. Revo does not add fuel to their tune, it's a cheaper tune, but also tougher on the car, and drops performance a bit. I also have the SPS tool, and use mid-level settings, which are enough for as much boost and timing as the car handles well.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I also have the Revo tune, ....for as much boost and timing as the car handles well.
    So if i just put it back to the stock setting, it all back to normal, and i can see about getting a proper tune (open to suggestions). This is a DD, and i am not looking for anything more than maybe the 50hp it already has, just safer hp!